Political Defiance Reports (CRDB)

Polical Defiance Update
Inside stories- CRDB

Zargana's wardrobe scares slorc

In late june, Zargana, the country's well known popular comedian,
was walking down Rangoon's most crowded street, Pansodam.
Zargana wore a nice shirt and dirty longyi.  The MIS suddenly
began to follow Zargana, who had been released from Jail in march.

"He was trying to demonstrate the ridiculousness of our country's
system the upper or high ranking officials are wealthy, while the
ordinary people are poor and suffer a lot." says a rangoon resident.

Zargana, who is starring in a new video, recently announced that the
title had not been finalized.  One of the possiblilities - I am doing
nothing/I have not done anything - could be cancelled by SLORC's
Press Scrutiny Board.  In a recently published Burmese magazine,
the name of his new film had been covered in silver ink.

Michael Beer
mbeer@xxxxxxxxxxx