Mizzima:Activists pledge to integra

--------------733C946492AC66706D43BC83

 Activists pledge to integrate women rights into mainstream human rights

Mizzima News (www.mizzima.com)
New Delhi, Sept. 25:

A five-day intensive training on women rights for the exiled Burma women
activists ended this evening in India with the participants pledging to
relay their experiences to fellow women activists in their respective
areas. The training organized by Women's League of Burma (WLB) from
September 21st to 25th was held in Haryana State of India, a few
kilometers away from New Delhi.

Total eighteen women activists who belong to various pro-democracy women
groups based in India and Bangladesh participated in the training. These
women participants were chosen from the two previous training held in
July and August this year on human rights and capacity building.

"This is a great opportunity for me to be with these women because I was
really pleased to see their active participation and their active
learning for women rights, human rights and also the skills of
leadership. The skills they learnt from this workshop will be very
helpful for their practical life and also to strengthen the unity and
solidarity among women groups and individuals", commented Aung Myo Min
who is the instructor of the training.

Aung Myo Min who heads the Thailand-based Human Rights Education
Institute of Burma (HREIB) has been conducting a series of human rights
education training and workshops in the past two years for the Burma
activists based in Thailand, India and Bangladesh.

Women's leadership skills, child rights, international human rights
mechanism, international non-governmental organizations and "dealing
with media" are some of the main subjects of the training.

"We also had a very good discussion on how to integrate women rights
into the mainstream human rights in terms of how women can participate
and how women can integrate their rights into our Burmese struggle. And
we found out a lot of possibilities, very good references and
recommendations on which way is the best way and which are the possible
ways to integrate women rights into the mainstream human rights".

Aung Myo Min has received several human rights awards from universities
and rights groups honored for his work on human rights education in
Burma.

At the closing of the training, the women participants said that they
intend to relay their knowledge to their fellow women activists who are
based in border areas of Burma. "We believe that the relay of training
will be very helpful for future Burma. The activists should know that
women rights are human rights and they know how to integrate women
rights into human rights and how to educate the people to understand
what is the genuine meaning of women rights", said a leader of WLB,
which is an umbrella of eleven Burma women organizations.

--------------733C946492AC66706D43BC83

exiled Burma women activists ended this evening in India with the participants
pledging to relay their experiences to fellow women activists in their
respective areas. The training organized by Women's League of Burma (WLB)
from September 21st to 25th was held in Haryana State of India, a few kilometers
away from New Delhi.</font>
women groups based in India and Bangladesh participated in the training.
These women participants were chosen from the two previous training held
in July and August this year on human rights and capacity building.</font>
because I was really pleased to see their active participation and their
active learning for women rights, human rights and also the skills of leadership.
The skills they learnt from this workshop will be very helpful for their
practical life and also to strengthen the unity and solidarity among women
groups and individuals", commented Aung Myo Min who is the instructor of
the training.</font>
Education Institute of Burma (HREIB) has been conducting a series of human
rights education training and workshops in the past two years for the Burma
activists based in Thailand, India and Bangladesh.</font>
human rights mechanism, international non-governmental organizations and
"dealing with media" are some of the main subjects of the training.</font>
women rights into the mainstream human rights in terms of how women can
participate and how women can integrate their rights into our Burmese struggle.
And we found out a lot of possibilities, very good references and recommendations
on which way is the best way and which are the possible ways to integrate
women rights into the mainstream human rights".</font>
from universities and rights groups honored for his work on human rights
education in Burma.</font>
said that they intend to relay their knowledge to their fellow women activists
who are based in border areas of Burma. "We believe that the relay of training
will be very helpful for future Burma. The activists should know that women
rights are human rights and they know how to integrate women rights into
human rights and how to educate the people to understand what is the genuine
meaning of women rights", said a leader of WLB, which is an umbrella of
eleven Burma women organizations.</font>

--------------733C946492AC66706D43BC83--