Mizzima: Two minutes silence to mar

--------------EBECD5B980E1CBB79DA76224

     Two minutes silence to mark day of anti-terrorism

Mizzima News (www.mizzima.com)

New Delhi, Sept. 18: The National Solidarity Day against Terrorism was
observed today in India with a two-minutes silence for those who died in
terrorist attacks in New York and Washington last Tuesday. The traffic
in several parts of the Capital stopped at 10:30 a.m. to observe
two-minutes' silence in the memory of those killed in the attacks.

"Every Indian has to be a part of this global war on terrorism?We must,
and we will, stamp out this evil from our land and from the world", said
the Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee in his message to the nation.

The Prime Minister gave a call on September 15 that the National
Solidarity Day against Terrorism is observed on September 18. At 10:30
a.m., government offices marked with two-minutes silence while the Union
Cabinet had a meeting with a silent prayer for the victims of the
terrorist attacks.

Meanwhile, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who was in Kolkata
yesterday urged the United States to show restraint and avoid the use of
force in retaliation for the terrorist attack. "Any problem within
humanity should be resolved in a humanitarian way. Ahimsa (non-violence)
is the human way to approach problems."

The Burmese pro-democracy activists living in India today alleged that
the military rulers in Burma are terrorists. "As terror means extreme
fear, and our people inside Burma are under intense fear, the military
rulers are terrorists", said a statement of pro-democracy Burmese
activists in India on the 13th anniversary of military take-over in
Burma. "We resolutely oppose to military rule and use of violence as
well as all kinds of terrorism in any part of the world". They held a
peaceful demonstration this morning in New Delhi, demanding the Burma
junta to free all political prisoners and join with international
community in the fight against terrorism.

--------------EBECD5B980E1CBB79DA76224

The National Solidarity Day against Terrorism was observed today in India
with a two-minutes silence for those who died in terrorist attacks in New
York and Washington last Tuesday. The traffic in several parts of the Capital
stopped at 10:30 a.m. to observe two-minutes' silence in the memory of
those killed in the attacks.</font>
must, and we will, stamp out this evil from our land and from the world",
said the Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee in his message to the nation.</font>
National Solidarity Day against Terrorism is observed on September 18.
At 10:30 a.m., government offices marked with two-minutes silence while
the Union Cabinet had a meeting with a silent prayer for the victims of
the terrorist attacks.</font>
in Kolkata yesterday urged the United States to show restraint and avoid
the use of force in retaliation for the terrorist attack. "Any problem
within humanity should be resolved in a humanitarian way. Ahimsa (non-violence)
is the human way to approach problems."</font>
alleged that the military rulers in Burma are terrorists. "As terror means
extreme fear, and our people inside Burma are under intense fear, the military
rulers are terrorists", said a statement of pro-democracy Burmese activists
in India on the 13th anniversary of military take-over in Burma. "We resolutely
oppose to military rule and use of violence as well as all kinds of terrorism
in any part of the world". They held a peaceful demonstration this morning
in New Delhi, demanding the Burma junta to free all political prisoners
and join with international community in the fight against terrorism.</font>

--------------EBECD5B980E1CBB79DA76224--