Dalai Lama to send team to Beijing

--------------A60BFA5A353971ABC5104E52

Dalai Lama to send team to Beijing

The Asian Age (New Delhi)
December 18, 2000

By Our Correspondent

Bangalore, Dec. 17: The Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan leader, on Sunday
said he had deferred his trip to Taiwan as he wanted to send a
delegation of Tibetan leaders to Beijing. "After my brother returned
from China, he carried a message which was critical. I wanted to send a
response by sending a delegation. So I thought it is best t to postpone
my trip," the Dalai Lma said here.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner was attending a joint spiritual
congregation with Ravi Shankar at the Art of Living foundation here. He
said the Chinese government was suspicious of his movements in India.
"Even my religious functions are closely monitored by them," he said.