ETHNIC GROUPS IN BURMA -- URLs REQU

--=====================_36362221==_.ALT

I am, as ever, updating the Burma Action Directory,
and would like to have a complete list of the websites
AND LIST-SERVS relating to non-Burman groups. These may
be sites kept by the groups themselves, or sites carrying
reports, academic sites etc.

Here are some I have found. Please check to see if you know any more,
and email them to me. Perhaps there are some academic sites and individual
reports I have missed (though for reports, first check the Global IDP
Survey site,
which contains many reports). Please try them before you send to me, since
many
websites have quite a short life.

In the list below, where I have found a dead site I have left
the title in the hope that someone may know an updated address.

On listservs, I know a few private lists which I have not put down
here. If you are one of the people who runs such a list, and you are
willing to be exposed on the Burma Action Directory, and have lots more
people to send to, let me know.

David Arnott

ETHNIC GROUPS IN BURMA

ORCHESTRA BURMA
(carries profiles and documents of a number of groups, including
DAB, NDF, KNU, KSO, MLOB, PSLF)
http://www.freeburma.org/lokanat/

AKHA

AKHA HERITAGE FOUNDATION
(mainly Thailand)
http://www.thailine.com/akha/newslett.htm

ARAKANESE

THE ARAKAN SOCIETY
(Dutch academic site under construction)
http://home.planet.nl/~galen087/

CHIN

CHIN RESOURCE WEBSITE
http://lailun.virtualave.net/

CHIN FORUM
http://www.chinforum.org/

CHIN HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION
http://www.chro.org/

CHIN HILLS
(Chin music)
http://home1.pacific.net.sg/%7Etuang/ZOGAM.HTML

CHIN FREEDOM COALITION
(young site, not much stuff)
www.chinfreedomcoalition.org

CHIN LISTS

CHIN FORUM INFORMATION SERVICE (CFIS)
<chinforum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>

CHINLAND LIST
<chinland-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>

CHIN FREEDOM COALITION
ChinFreedomCoalition-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

KACHIN

KACHINLAND
http://www.pworld.net.ph/user/rvkachin/index.html

METTA DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
http://www.metta-myanmar.org/

KAREN

KAREN EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9672/

KAREN NATIONAL LEAGUE
http://www.Karen.org/knl/knl.htm

KAREN WEBSITE
http://www.Karen.org

KARENNI

UNPO KARENNI PAGE
http://unpo.org/member/karenn/karenn.html

MON

MON UNITY LEAGUE (CANADA)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Bridge/1256/index.html

MONLAND RESTORATION COUNCIL
http://members.xoom.com/mrcusa/Monland.htm

MONLAND INFO (Somewhat dated material)
http://www.albany.edu/~gb661/mons.txt

NAGALAND HOMEPAGE

MUSLIMS OF BURMA

PALAUNG Website

ROHINGYAS

REPORT BY FIDH)
http://www.fidh.org/pdf/Birm_en.pdf

(see also reports by Human Rights Watch)

SHAN

SHANLAND
www.shanland.org

FRIENDS OF THE SHAN PEOPLE
http://www.shan.org/

TAI SOCIETY
http://www.geocities.com/zaai_11/

SHAN RESOURCES AND INFORMATION:
(under construction. German language?)
http://www.netcom.com/~burma/tai/shan.html

UNPO SHAN PAGE
http://unpo.org/member/shan/shan.html

KANBAWSA: ARTICLES ON SHAN STATE
http://surin.mangrai.com/khai/kanbawsa/

SITES CARRYING REPORTS ON ETHNIC GROUPS IN BURMA

KAREN HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP
(major body of reports, particularly on Shan, Karen, Karenni, Mon States)
www.khrg.org

GLOBAL IDP DATABASE. (Highly recommended. Well-organised site. In "list of
sources used" you will find most of the main reports from 1995 onwards
bearing on
IDPs and more) Burma pages updated July 2000.
Go to the home page for links on IDPs, including the Guiding Principles on
Internal
Displacement and other UN reports etc)
http://www.db.idpproject.org/Sites/idpSurvey.nsf/wCountries/Myanmar+(Burma)

HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH
(it's a bit confusing, since there's no cumulative list. Go to this page for
the latest reports, then click on BURMA in the list on the left for earlier
reports)
http://www.hrw.org/reports98/publctns.htm

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL (Burma reports etc)
http://www.amnesty.org/ailib/countries/indx316.htm

US COMMITTEE  FOR REFUGEES
http://www.refugees.org/world/countryindex/burma.htm

LANDMINES IN BURMA.
(A very important site with implications for internal displacement,  return
of refugees etc)
http://www.igc.org/nonviolence/burmamines/index.html

BURMA ETHNIC RESEARCH GROUP
"Conflict and Displacement in Karenni: The Need for Considered Responses"(PDF)
http://www.burmaresearch.org/

PEOPLES FORUM ON FOOD SCARCITY AND MILITARISATION IN BURMA
http://www.hrschool.org/tribunal/report/index.htm#INDEX

REPORT OF THE ILO COMMISSION OF INQUIRY INTO FORCED LABOUR IN BURMA
(largely on the non-Burman ethnic groups, with interviews with Chin,
Rohingya, Araakanese, Karen, Karenni, Shan, Pa-O,  Mon)
http://www.ilo.org/public/english/standards/relm/gb/docs/gb273/myanmar.htm

--=====================_36362221==_.ALT

I am, as ever, updating the Burma Action Directory,<br>
and would like to have a complete list of the websites<br>
AND LIST-SERVS relating to non-Burman groups. These may <br>
be sites kept by the groups themselves, or sites carrying <br>
reports, academic sites etc.<br>
Here are some I have found. Please check to see if you know any more,
and email them to me. Perhaps there are some academic sites and
individual<br>
reports I have missed (though for reports, first check the Global IDP
Survey site, <br>
which contains many reports). Please try them before you send to me,
since many <br>
websites have quite a short life. <br>
In the list below, where I have found a dead site I have left <br>
the title in the hope that someone may know an updated address.<br>
On listservs, I know a few private lists which I have not put down<br>
here. If you are one of the people who runs such a list, and you
are<br>
willing to be exposed on the Burma Action Directory, and have lots
more<br>
people to send to, let me know.<br>
David Arnott<br>
<b>ETHNIC GROUPS IN BURMA<br>
</b>ORCHESTRA BURMA<br>
(carries profiles and documents of a number of groups, including<br>
DAB, NDF, KNU, KSO, MLOB, PSLF)<br>
AKHA<br>
AKHA HERITAGE FOUNDATION <br>
(mainly Thailand)<br>
ARAKANESE<br>
THE ARAKAN SOCIETY<br>
(Dutch academic site under construction)<br>
CHIN<br>
CHIN RESOURCE WEBSITE<br>
CHIN FORUM<br>
CHIN HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION<br>
CHIN HILLS<br>
(Chin music)<br>
(young site, not much stuff)<br>
CHIN LISTS<br>
CHIN FORUM INFORMATION SERVICE (CFIS)<br>
&lt;chinforum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<br>
CHINLAND LIST<br>
&lt;chinland-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<br>
CHIN FREEDOM COALITION<br>
ChinFreedomCoalition-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx<br>
KACHIN<br>
KACHINLAND<br>
KAREN<br>
KAREN EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND<br>
KAREN NATIONAL LEAGUE<br>
UNPO KARENNI PAGE<br>
MON<br>
MON UNITY LEAGUE (CANADA)<br>
MONLAND RESTORATION COUNCIL<br>
MONLAND INFO (Somewhat dated material)<br>
NAGALAND HOMEPAGE<br>
MUSLIMS OF BURMA<br>
PALAUNG Website<br>
ROHINGYAS<br>
REPORT BY FIDH)<br>
(see also reports by Human Rights Watch)<br>
SHAN<br>
SHANLAND<br>
FRIENDS OF THE SHAN PEOPLE<br>
SHAN RESOURCES AND INFORMATION:<br>
(under construction. German language?)<br>
UNPO SHAN PAGE<br>
KANBAWSA: ARTICLES ON SHAN STATE<br>
<b>SITES CARRYING REPORTS ON ETHNIC GROUPS IN BURMA<br>
</b>KAREN HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP<br>
(major body of reports, particularly on Shan, Karen, Karenni, Mon
States)<br>
GLOBAL IDP DATABASE. (Highly recommended. Well-organised site. In
&quot;list of <br>
sources used? you will find most of the main reports from 1995 onwards
bearing on <br>
IDPs and more) Burma pages updated July 2000. <br>
Go to the home page for links on IDPs, including the Guiding Principles
on Internal <br>
Displacement and other UN reports etc)<br>
http://www.db.idpproject.org/Sites/idpSurvey.nsf/wCountries/Myanmar+(Burma)<br>
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH <br>
(it?s a bit confusing, since there?s no cumulative list. Go to this page
for <br>
the latest reports, then click on BURMA in the list on the left for
earlier reports)<br>
http://www.refugees.org/world/countryindex/burma.htm<br>
LANDMINES IN BURMA. <br>
(A very important site with implications for internal displacement,&nbsp;
return of refugees etc)<br>
&quot;Conflict and Displacement in Karenni: The Need for Considered
PEOPLES FORUM ON FOOD SCARCITY AND MILITARISATION IN BURMA<br>
REPORT OF THE ILO COMMISSION OF INQUIRY INTO FORCED LABOUR IN BURMA<br>
(largely on the non-Burman ethnic groups, with interviews with Chin,
Rohingya, Araakanese, Karen, Karenni, Shan, Pa-O,&nbsp; Mon)<br>