[theburmanetnews] BurmaNet News: Au

Subject: [theburmanetnews] BurmaNet News: August 13, 2000

BTW: Did you buy that new car yet?
If not, check this site out.
They're called CarsDirect.com and it's a pretty sweet way to buy a car.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6847/7/_/713843/_/966171709/

______________ THE BURMANET NEWS ______________
        An on-line newspaper covering Burma
_________August 13, 2000   Issue # 1595__________

NOTED IN PASSING:

  "If we do it now, the value would decline to about 600 kyat and the
lower rung of society would not accept the situation."

Brig. Gen. Zaw Tun on the floating the kyat.  See SPDC: Brig Gen Zaw
Tun on Burma's Economy

INSIDE BURMA_________
SHAN: UNDCP official--Crops diminishing, drugs increasing
SHAN: Poppy Farmers Pay Tax To the Wa
AP:  Junta denies NLD man was refused legal aid
SHAN: Burmese troops draw rations from Wa
RSO News Service: Border administration making fresh survey on
population

ECONOMY/BUSINESS_________
Far Eastern Economic Review: Burmese Junta Recovers Dollars
SPDC: Brig Gen Zaw Tun on Burma's Economy
Bloomberg: Daewoo Corp Wins $10 Billion Myanmar Oil Development
Project
Business Recorder Report (Pakistan): Myanmar interested in joint
ventures
_________
The BurmaNet News is viewable online at:
http://theburmanetnews.editthispage.com

__________________ INSIDE BURMA ____________________

SHAN: UNDCP official--Crops diminishing, drugs increasing

Shan Herald Agency for News

No: 8-2

An informed source from Taunggyi told S.H.A.N. he met an official
from the
UN Drug Control Program who said the availability of drugs is on the
rise
just as crops in the project areas are disappearing.

"In the project areas, we see no poppy fields any more, but drugs
seem to
become more available," he was reported to have told the source.

The UNDCP has been introducing a crop substitution program called
"Alternative Development Program" in the Shan State.

The source said the official did not elaborate his laconic remark.

According to the New Light of Myanmar, poppy acreage in Burma is
dropping:

1997 -89 151,200.006 acres
1998-99 102,066.766 "
1999-2000 90,437.61 "

Local people, however, say poppy fields under the protection of the
local
authorities, are moving and extending out side the project areas.

"A Japanese official I met also agreed with the assessment of the
UNDCP
guy," said the source.

SHAN: Poppy Farmers Pay Tax To the Wa

11 August 2000.

Poppy farmers across Chiangmai are being taxed by several armed
groups
including the United Wa State Army, said a villager who recently
visited
Thailand.

The visitor, who admittedly is a poppy farmer, said they are now
paying tax
not only to the Burmese authorities but also to the Lahu militia unit
of
Tin Win and 171th Division of the U\WSA in Mongton Township, opposite
Wianghaeng and Chiangdao districts in Thailand.

"With the Burmese, we also have to buy meat and vegetables for them",
he
said. IB 225 from Mongton is currently stationed in PangMaisoong,
once the
stronghold of Shan resistance, opposite the village of Piangluang in
Wianghaeng District.

The farmers were required to pay 0.30 viss (1 viss = 1.6 kilogram)
per acre
to the junta troops and each family was expected to work at least 3
acres,
according to reports received by S.H.A.N. (Poppy Acreage to be
increased
under Junta direction, 18 June)

There are at least 200 households in the vicinity of Mongkyawt, a
position
taken by the UWSA since mid-June:

1. Kungsa (Lisaw)                               15 households;
2. Huey Harnled (Shan, Chinese, Lahu)           20      "
3. Mawk Khaotack (Shan, Chinese, Lisaw) 20      "
4. Kiulong (Chinese, Lisaw, Palaung, Pa-o)      20      "
5. Hueymerd (Palaung)                   8       "
6. Monghay                                      10      "
7. Kiu Namkham                          15      "
8. Mawk Kodtok (Palaung)                        20      "
9. Loi Khilek (Lahu, Lisaw)                     30      "
10. Mongpern-Naniu (Lahu)                       20      "
11. Kiu Zang-kab                                20      "
12. Kwang Hermin                                12      "

"Most farmers of the last two locations are from Thailand", he
said. "They
are not allowed to grow poppies there, so they come here." However,
he
refused to name who they were, except that these farmers' expenses
were
underwritten by Chinese "bosses" (pawliang).

AP:  Junta denies NLD man was refused legal aid

August 12, 2000

  Associated Press

  BURMA'S military government yesterday denied that an opposition
member jailed for 21  years had not been allowed a defence in court,
saying he himself had refused to be
represented by a lawyer.

  A government statement said Aye Tha Aung had been convicted of
violating a
publication law and an emergency law and received three seven-year
terms, which would
be served consecutively. Lt did not elaborate.

  Aye Tha Aung is the secretary of a 10-member proxy parliament set
up by pro-
 democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi's party, the National League for
Democracy (NLD).

The party won a landslide election victory in 1990 but was barred by
the ruling military
from taking power. On Thursday a statement by the proxy parliament
said Aye Tha Aung had been arrested on April 24 and sentenced on June
21. He was denied  the right to a defence lawyer during the trial,
and his family has only been allowed to see him once, the statement
said.

  In response, the Burmese government statement said: "It not true
that he was not allowed to have a defence. He himself refused to have
a defence lawyer and even turned down the offer by the state to
provide him with one."

  Aye Tha Aung is the latest among the hundreds of NLD members to
have been detained and jailed by the military government, usually
after summary trials and sentencing.

  Many have resigned from the party to escape harassment by the
regime.

  The government stepped up pressure on the National League for
Democracy since it set  up the proxy parliament, the Committee
Representing the People's Parliament, in September 1998 when the
government ignored its demands to convene a parliament.

SHAN: Burmese troops draw rations from Wa

Shan Herald Agency for News

No: 8-3

News Brief On Wa

Burmese troops draw rations from Wa

Since the Wa entry into areas west of Mongton-BP1 road in June, only
one
battalion-- IB 225 commanded by Ltc. Chit Hla -- remains in the
Mongtaw-Monghta area, once warlord Khun Sa's stronghold. And not more
than
10 soldiers are stationed at each post in Mongkyawt, Mongtaw and
Monghta.

Meanwhile, the United Wa State Army units are filling the vacuum in
Nakawngmu, Mongkyawt, Kiu Hulom and Loihtwe, the strategic mountain
overlooking Thailand.

Many  sources agree that several Burmese outposts from Mongpiang to
Monghsat, Monghsat to Tachilek, and Nakawngmu to Mongkyawt are
drawing
rations from the UWSA.

Also reported, however, were some instances revealing Wa exasperation
with
the rather preposterous situation. One of them occurred on 25 July at
Mongkyawt when the Wa unit stationed there was butchering a cow
bought from
the villagers. The unidentified Burmese officer, upon hearing the
news,
sent his men to receive their share of the meat. Whereupon the Wa
commander, also unidentified, was reported to have said: "You are
government troops and should do better than just expecting to be
waited on
hand and foot."

The soldiers went back empty-handed.

Chinese being Favored over Wa?

Travelers coming through Nakawngmu, roughly halfway between Mongton
and
BP1, say most of the Wa officers, captain upwards, are either Chinese
or
Chinese speaking Was.

During their stopovers in Nakawngmu, it is not unusual to see
privates,
aged between 14 and 15, washing the 4-wheel trucks with the number-
plates
beginning with SW -- an unmistakable warning to ambitious checkpoints
on
the road that they are not to be stopped or searched-- while their
officers
celebrate with food and drinks.

"All Wa vehicles we see here are Tigers (Tiger Toyotas) and Fords 4x4
imported from Thailand," says one source. "Each battalion appear to
be
outfitted with at least 14-15 offroaders."

Nakawmgmu getting bigger

Nakawngmu, once an unknown village, is getting notorious for its
drugmarket
and,as a result, is getting bigger especially after the Wa influx.
There
are more than 50-60 Karaoke pubs plus 2-3 massage parlors.

Land, fields and gardens are being confiscated at will by the Was,
who have
set up a new sub-village of their own in the northern part. "Every
house
there has a satellite dish and electricity generator," say the
sources.

They do not know whether owners who lost their lands were paid
damages but
some homes in Hsaikhao, Monghsat Township, are being paid K. 20,000
to be
vacated.

"We've already bought the whole territory from Gen Khin Nyunt," one
Wa
officer was reported to have said.

Wa Angry with Gen Maung Aye?

After warlord Khun Sa surrendered in 1996, the UWSA was reportedly
demanded
by Gen Maung Aye to move back to their original territory near the
Chinese
border in the north.

"The Bumese wanted us to stay when Khun Sa was here, and now that
Khun Sa
is no more a threat, they want us to return," said a Wa
commander. "We
shall not succumb to their demand. We will never retreat. There shall
be
only advance until the whole territory this side of the Salween is
ours."

It is speculated that Rangoon, failing in their plan to remove the
Was, are
using them as cannon fodders against Yawdserk and Thailand.

"They had tried to use Kokangs against the SSA before," said a
retired MTA
officer, "but it did not work out the way they wanted."

RSO News Service: Border administration making fresh survey on
population

Rohingya Solidarity Organization

August 10, 2000

Burmese military junta issued directives to collect population figure
and other relevant data in northern Arakan State according to a
person associated with administrative circle. The Burmese military
junta sent instruction to various head of departments in northern
Arakan state to collect population figure and other information from
their respective area. The pro-forma provided by the central
authorities includes population figure, school, health center,
monastery, mosque, fishing projects and arable land among others.

Accordingly, the concerned authorities have collected the relevant
information since June 2000 and forwarded them to the higher
authorities. While collecting information on family members, the
authorities made house-to-house check and verified the family list
and the members present at home.

Regarding the population figure the authority has divided into two
categories (a) indigenous national and (b) Bengali population.

Rohingya Muslims of Arakan have fallen under the column of stateless
people in Burma as per 1982 Citizenship Act and they are now termed
as Bengali population.

_______________ ECONOMY AND BUSINESS _______________

Far Eastern Economic Review: Burmese Junta Recovers Dollars

REVIEW

Issue cover-dated August 17, 2000

Burma's ruling State Peace and Development Council has launched a
massive crackdown on the use of foreign currencies, particularly U.S.
dollars, Rangoon residents report. Many blackmarket money-changers
dealing in dollars have been arrested over the past month. Residents
and local businessmen are now instead asking for government-issued,
dollar-denominated "Foreign Exchange Certificates," or FECs, when
charging tourists for services or changing their money into the local
currency, the kyat. The going blackmarket rate for 1 FEC is 360 kyat,
but the very few people who still dare to trade in the real U.S.
currency are paying up to 380 kyat per dollar. The government is
apparently trying to rid itself of FECs, which are worthless outside
Burma, and get hold of as much foreign cash as possible. Regulations
require foreigners arriving in Rangoon to change $200 into FECs,
though visitors often negotiate the sum. Many foreign observers have
suspected for some time that the Burmese government is extremely
short of foreign exchange.

SPDC: Brig Gen Zaw Tun on Burma's Economy

[BurmaNet adds?This translation of an unpublished report was
circulated on mailing lists on August 10, 2000.  The original speech
was on July 7.  The comments attributed to Gen. Zaw Tun indicate a
frankness and grasp of economics not generally displayed by a ranking
member of the regime.]

Brigadier General Zaw Tun, Deputy Minister for National Planning and
Economic Development, delivered a speech at the "Seminar on Myanmar
Economy" held in the Padamya conference room of the Department of
Management Studies, Institute of Economics, on 7 July 2000.

The seminar lasted over 3 hours from 9:00am to 12:15pm.

Addressing the economic situation in the country, Brig. Gen Zaw Tun
said,
"the population of a country is important when calculating its
economic
growth rate. The Senior General [Than Shwe] himself took charge of the
matter and made the decision.  Foreigners and the intelligentsia were
very
interested in and asked questions about the GDP Growth Rate
increasing from
5.8 in 1998-1999 to 10.9 in 1999-2000.  Leaders of the country also
said
that it was necessary to maintain a double digit GDP growth rate for
about
four or five years.  But, to tell you the truth, the GDP did not grow
that extent]: The real growth rate was only about 6 percent.

GDP Growth Rate is calculated on the bases of production,
expenditure, and
income but the figure we arrived at was calculated only by taking the
production method into consideration since the other two methods
could not
be brought into the computation.  We could have arrived at a more
accurate
figure had we taken the other two methods into consideration.  On top
of
that, we included in our calculations agriculture previously produced
from
farmlands in reserved forest land which was not part of the
computation
before, we included as industrial production rice produced from
manually
operated threshers, and we even added coconut production in that
calculation."

He said, "The five factors that are vital to boost the GDP growth
rate are:

(1) The potential derived from natural and human resources must be
efficiently utilized.  The potential has been there for some time but
we
have not been able to make effective use of it.  GDP growth rate can
be
increased if we do.

(2) Separate efforts should be made by regions--divisionally and
state-wise--to increase the GDP; a division like the Tenasserim
Division
has a lot of potential for success.

(3) According to the nature of economics, the economy must recover
after a
period of downward trend but the process would not be as easy here as
in
the other Southeast Asian countries.

(4) One factor that contributed to an increase in the production of
the
agriculture sector this year is good climatic conditions.

(5) Reclaiming wetlands and fallow land into cultivatable acreage by
allowing the private sector to invest in them was the primary factor
in
boosting production and that perhaps may contribute to the growth of
the
GDP by double digits.

With regard to key economic factors of the country, Brig. Gen. Zaw Tun
discussed (1) investment, (2) trade policy, (3) taxation, and (4)
currency
issues.

Investment

He said, "The investment situation is unsatisfactory.  A lot of money
is
being invested in Che Hti (underground betting on lottery numbers).
A lot
of investment opportunities will be there if we opened up the capital
market and stock and share markets, which conform to the frame of
mind of
the Myanmar people.  But my superiors are fixated with a belief that a
currency crisis would be caused by speculators.  I have not been able
convince my superiors up to now even though I have been telling them
that
governments in Southeast Asian countries did not close down the
capital
markets because the markets benefited the countries greatly even
though it
is said that capital market speculations caused the currency crises.
The
MIC [Myanma Investment Commission] is too protective by nature and
needs to
be reformed to become investor friendly.  It is also not appropriate
force tourists to change their currencies into FEC's [Foreign Exchange
Certificates] because they may end up spending more than those
amounts.
Human beings by nature abhor anything forced against them.

Trade Policy

Brig. Gen. Zaw Tun said, "there is no consistency in the trade
policy.  The
Trade Minister, together with entrepreneurs close to him, selects the
commodities that would be opened to the market and after some time
they
close it down again. The other people suffer as prices fluctuate
depending
on the whim of the leaders.  For example, when the Senior General
went on a
tour, he heard about the rising onion prices and enquired about it.
When
told it was because onions were being exported, the Senior General
said,
'export only when there is a surplus, let the country consume
first.'   The
Trade Ministry therefore issued a directive stopping even the onions
being
loaded onto ships for export.  Onions already given export permits
were
also prevented from being shipped.

Ministries are only required to lay down policies and control their
own
sectors.  But, under the current situation, the way work conducted by
them
is not correct.  A planned economy is being pursued because we have
not
succeeded in promoting a free market economy.  Economic plans are not
needed in the United States and the economy is left uncontrolled.
Just
like that martial arts style using a bamboo stave mentioned in the
books,
the 'invisible hand' [of the market forces] keeps things working .  Of
course, certain key elements have to be in place so as to control the
economy.  We must try to emulate them.

Taxation

The budget has constantly shown a deficit since the previous
government.
We have been printing money to carry out reforms, development, and
constructive tasks.   The necessary revenue to run the government is
not
there and there are no back-up or reserve funds.  Although we are
aware
that we are heading for inflation, we continue to focus on
infrastructures
because we believe they are needed.  But, building new dams without
budgetary provisions to maintain the old ones is in fact a waste, like
pouring water in the sand.

We have gas to sell for foreign currency but since the other country
is not
buying, we do not earn any foreign currency.  The Myanmar Government
is not
in the position to buy and use that gas.  Although there were
options, it
is about two years late now.

Instead of looking at suitability of conditions when making
agricultural
policies, we laid down principles from a security point of view, and
we
ended up growing rice in Chin State, which turned out not to be cost
effective.

Currency

Three different exchange rates are being applied in the currency
market,.
The official rate is 6 kyats to 1 US dollar, the rate for collecting
custom
duty is 200 kyats to 1 US dollar, and the market rate is 370 kyats to
dollar.  Although I don't know when and how the exchange rate will be
reformed, I suggested to my superiors to deregulate and float the
currency
before 1996-1997 when the market value was between 150 to 200 kyat per
dollar.  Had this been done the value would have declined to around
300
kyat per dollar.  If we do it now, the value would decline to about
600
kyat and the lower rung of society would not accept the situation.

I have also reported to my superiors about the need to submit our
custom
tariff rates to the WTO [World Trade Organization] in two years.  But
the
financial sector has done nothing to prepare for reforms or change.
Although I have said it would be too late to change only when a
Capital
Market and Stock and Share market is introduced, there has been no
response
or reform.  It looks like changes will be made only when it happens.

Local and foreign entrepreneurs only try to engage in a joint venture
with
the [Myanmar Economic] Holding Company because they enjoy more
advantages.
Although the price of edible palm oil has dropped in foreign markets,
the
local price has not dropped because of monopoly practices.  Presently,
import permit for edible palm oil is granted to applicants quoting the
lowest selling price in the country, and the practice is gradually
hurting
the entrepreneurs who work with the Holdings company.

The price of electricity has risen which is killing small and medium
enterprises.  Though the policy has been to help foster these
enterprises
the true situation is quite the contrary to that policy.  I will
discuss
the matter when opportunity arises.
Open Discussions

Participants at the Myanmar Economic Seminar also took part in the
discussions and raised questions to Brig. Gen Zaw Tun.

Entrepreneurs said it was not economically feasible to continue
working as
electricity costs for a business located in industrial zones had
risen to
500,000-800,000 kyats per month and production costs were too high.
They
could not compete with people who were in effect stealing electrical
power
and lowering their production costs by setting up businesses within
military compounds to raise military welfare funds on contract.  They
would
rather invest in cars trading and other similar trendy businesses.

Suggestions were also made for the inclusion of provisions in the
Investment Law to ensure adjudication of courts are independent so
that
investors will be protected when disputes arise between them and the
Ministries.

When a question was raised about preparations being made for the AFTA
[ASEAN Free Trade Agreement] unit as all goods are to become tax free
by
the year 2005 under the AFTA Agreement, Brig Gen. Zaw Tun said no
preparations have been made yet, and added Myanmar was only there on
paper
and when that time comes, Myanmar is bound to suffer because it will
not be
in a position to produce any goods.  Goods from abroad will only flow
in.
"There is no way, Myanmar with a GDP of only one billion US dollar can
compete with Thailand which has a GDP of 55 billion dollars.  There
is a
lot we have to do to catch up with them.

When a question was raised about Myanmar doing a market survey to see
how
feasible it would be to import Thai and Chinese goods to resell them
Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and other BIMST-EC countries, Brig. Gen.
Zaw
Tun said our country is not in a position to do that under the present
conditions. He jokingly said that previously, when he was in the Army
he
could discuss things openly when he met with the Senior General but
that he
was now somewhat afraid of losing the monthly salary of a Deputy
Minister
which is 100,000 kyat while a minister's salary was 150,000 kyat.
On education, he said, "...It appears that the higher up generals know
nothing about what is happening. From the advertisements by overseas
private educational institutions, they found out that the costs [of
education] were in the hundreds of thousands, and only then they put
a stop
to the advertisements.  But in reality that was a fact and being a
parent
with children of my own, there was a real need to tackle the
issue."   The
deputy minister said he has asked for information about those costs.

As a policy maker, he said, "Sometimes when you chop, the blade cuts
into
an unintended place.  We have now allowed tax-free markets to reduce
costs
but the markets only have about four, five or 10 chickens for sale at
350
kyat [per viss or 3.6 pounds] and edible oil is being sold at 10
ticals
[0.36 pounds] per person at controlled prices.  These cannot be taken
as
indicators of the true prices.  The good intentions cannot be
realized."

Bank Interest Rate

He said, "Investments have not increased even though the interest
rate has
been reduced to 10%.  Privatization is growing only in the cinema
industry.
The Ministries seem to be afraid of losing the state enterprises even
though they are not profitable, and I don't know the reason why.
Maybe we
should imitate Czechoslovakia. It might be a good idea for the
leaders to
walk down the street and pick out the factories randomly to decide
who will
work that factory.  The important thing is for the government to
exercise
transparency and practice consistency.

"It looks like whoever takes over the Trade Ministry needs to be
sacked
regardless and it will be lucky for anyone to last until pension
age.  It
looks like anyone who continues to work there do so only because
there is a
great reluctance to do something drastic.  Business owners always
seem to
find a way of making money just like oil finds a way to seep out from
hole regardless of the directives issued." Brig. Gen. Zaw Tun, used an
English phrase, "Killing me softly with the system," to describe the
situation.
On news and information when a question was then raised why weather
reports
were no longer covered in the newspapers despite its importance for
agriculture, the deputy minister said there must have been more
important
news than weather reports that needed to be published.

"The activities of the ministers had to be screened on television so
that
the Senior General would know what they were doing. Once the Senior
General
remarked that although the activities of the Ministers was shown
nightly on
TV the people did not really seem to know what they were doing.  I
was in
the Army then and I jokingly said I wanted to tell the Senior General
something truthful, that he could scold me, berate me, and beat me
but that
he should not sack me for it.  The fact is people turn off the TV
when the
news is shown and turn on their videos or do some other work. Only
after
the news hour they switch the TV on again to view Chinese movies,
that.perhaps it was only the Senior General who may be watching the
news on
TV."

Conclusion

He also said, "Some who are holding responsibilities in the country
lack
proper 'awareness'. Divisional Commanders who have been told to
compile the
figures for the GDP included income derived from such things as
confiscated
properties from drugs to levies at open markets and distorted the
value.
So the data were not correct.  Efforts have to be made to make them
understand.  Some thought that their promotion would be assessed on
GDP
figures, and included levies at open markets.  Once, two weeks after a
monthly divisional commanders meeting, one of them called me by phone
report that the GDP in his division had risen five times."

He said he was satisfied with his meeting with the MBA (Myanmar
Business
Association) and would like to meet with them again time permitting.
He
could be contacted by phone at 252250 at any time and jokingly said
that
they should not abuse him.

Bloomberg: Daewoo Corp Wins $10 Billion Myanmar Oil Development
Project

 Seoul, Aug. 10 (Bloomberg)

 Daewoo Corp., the largest and most-indebted unit of near-insolvent
 Daewoo Group, said it won an oil exploration project in Myanmar,
which
could be worth as much as $10 billion.

 Under an agreement signed with state-run Myanma Oil & Gas Enterprise,
Daewoo will invest about $180 million over the next four years for
the project,
 said Kim Bum Seok, a spokesman for Daewoo Corp. Excavation will
start Oct. 1,
he said.

 The project will take place on the southern coast of Myanmar on the
Bay
of Bengal. Daewoo will have full ownership of the mine, which is
expected to
 have a capacity of 500 million barrels of oil and 3 trillion cubic
feet
of gas, the company said.

 The project is part of Daewoo Corp.'s efforts to expand its presence
in
 natural resources excavation projects around the world. The company
earned 15 billion won ($13.5 million) from a similar project in Peru,
launched in
 1996, and expects to start realizing profit from a liquefied natural
gas
 development project in Vietnam this year.

 Daewoo Corp. is scheduled to split into three units -- trading,
construction and a holding firm in charge of selling bad debt -- next
month in an
effort to improve its finances. Daewoo Group owes creditors about $80
billion
after declaring that it couldn't pay back its debt last year.

 With the spin-off, creditors will swap 375.8 billion won ($338
million)
of debt for equity in the trading unit and 727.5 billion won of debt
for a
 stake in the construction company.

 Daewoo Corp. shares gained 2.7 percent to 385 won, adding to its 28
percent gain in the last three months.

 Aug/10/2000 4:22 ET

Business Recorder Report (Pakistan): Myanmar interested in joint
ventures

KARACHI (August 12) : The Board of Investment (BoI) has requested the
Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) to
identify Pakistani companies interested in joining hands with Myanmar
enterprises.

A high-powered Myanmar delegation led by Lieutenant General Khin
Nyunt, Secretary (I), State Peace and Development Council of Myanmar,
had held a meeting with the federal minister for commerce, industries
and production on July 6.

The delegation had identified following areas for Pakistan's
investment in Myanmar:

New textile mills, pulp and paper mills, diesel engines (1000 HP and
above), tractors and combined harvesters, chemical industry,
multipurpose engines, machine tools, and BMR in consumer goods
industries.

You can also contact BurmaNet by phone or fax:

Voice mail or fax (US) +1(202) 318-1261
You will be prompted to press 1 for a voice message or 2 to send a
fax.  If you do neither, a fax tone will begin automatically.

Fax (Japan) +81 (3) 4512-8143