[theburmanetnews] BurmaNet News: Ap

Subject: [theburmanetnews] BurmaNet News: April 28, 2000

______________ THE BURMANET NEWS ______________
        An on-line newspaper covering Burma
______________ www.burmanet.org _______________

April 28, 2000

Issue # 1520

This edition of The BurmaNet News is viewable online at:

http://theburmanetnews.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$364

NOTED IN PASSING:

"They (the authorities) really get into a terrible tizz when we start
reorganising our young people"

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (See AFP: 40 ACTIVISTS ARRESTED: AUNG SAN SUU
KYI)

*Inside Burma

AFP: 40 ACTIVISTS ARRESTED: AUNG SAN SUU KYI

ALTSEAN: TRANSCRIPT SMUGGLED FOOTAGE FROM BURMA OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

MIC: OVER 6 MILLION UNDER-5 CHILDREN GIVEN OPV IN FIVE
CONSECUTIVE YEARS' ACTIVITIES OF NIDS

*International

NEW YORK TIMES: FORTRESS BRITAIN TO ASYLUM SEEKERS

MIC: MYANMAR DELEGATION LEAVES FOR BANGKOK

AFP: THAILAND, MYANMAR TACKLE CROSS-BORDER DRUG EPIDEMIC

*Opinion/Editorials

BLC (Australia): SAFFIN CALLS ON AUST GOV TO DEFUND PROGRAM WITH
BURMA'S MILITARY DICTATORSHIP

ABYMU:  EMERGENCY DECLARATION OF ABYMU ON ATTEMPTS BY THE SPDC TO
SUPPRESS THE STRUGGLE OF MONKS WITHIN BURMA

__________________ INSIDE BURMA ____________________

AFP: 40 ACTIVISTS ARRESTED: AUNG SAN SUU KYI

   BANGKOK, April 27 (AFP) - Myanmar's military authorities have
arrested 40 activists, deepening a "climate of fear" in the country,
opposition leader
Aung San Suu Kyi said in an interview released Thursday.

   The activists were detained during water festival celebrations 10
days ago, the Nobel laureate said in a television interview smuggled
out of Myanmar.

   "They arrested over 40 people. They also arrested three house
owners," she said, adding she believed the arrests were an attempt to
deter young people from joining her National League for Democracy
(NLD).

   "They (the authorities) really get into a terrible tizz when we
start reorganising our young people," she said.

   "This is a demonstration of the fact that as far as human rights
violations are concerned, this regime is not getting any better at
all."

   The release of the video, by the Bangkok-based Alternative ASEAN
Network on Burma (ALTSEAN-Burma), comes a day after news broke of the
arrest of a senior member of the NLD's 10 member representative
committee.

   Aye Tha Aung, who is being held in "temporary custody" according
to the authorities, is the first member of the senior party committee
to be detained.

   There was no immediate confirmation of the arrest of the 40
activists by the authorities in Yangon.

   The latest claims of arrests come a month before the NLD will mark
the 10th anniversary of its crushing general election victory, which
has never been recognised by the junta.

   ALTSEAN-Burma, a pressure group opposed to the junta, said the 40
detainees were being held in the notorious Insein prison outside
Yangon and were being interrogated.

   Aung San Suu Kyi said in the interview that the people of Myanmar
were afraid of the government.

   "There is a climate of fear but within this climate of fear I am
very proud to say there are many, many brave people."

ALTSEAN: TRANSCRIPT SMUGGLED FOOTAGE FROM BURMA OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

April 27, 2000

ALTSEAN: SMUGGLED FOOTAGE FROM BURMA OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

Note:

§§ The footage was shot just before U Aye Tha Aung's arrest. Aung San
Suu Kyi subsequently sent a note confirming that over 40 arrests had
been made, and that U Aye Tha Aung was arrested. She wrote: "We shall
be continuing with our work despite the harassment".

§§ According to witnesses in Rangoon, U Aye Tha Aung's was ransacked
during the arrest on Monday night. Papers were confiscated. U Aye Tha
Aung, who represented several ethnic parties on the CRPP was taken to
an unknown location. Neither his family nor colleagues have been able
to determine the place of his detention or the state of his health.

§§ Meanwhile, it is understood that the youth members arrested during
the recent water festival (mid-April) are being held at Insein
Prison, where they are being interrogated. Grave concerns about their
safety are well-founded, considering the track record of the military
intelligence for inflicting extreme torture.

TRANSCRIPT: INTERVIEW WITH DAW AUNG SAN SUU KYI CONCERNING RECENT
ARRESTS DURING WATER FESTIVAL

Q: I would like to ask you on the latest on the activities of the
Burmese regime and the conditions generally in Burma, Rangoon at this
point.

A: Well, some observers have been saying that this regime has been
behaving fairly well since the beginning of this year, but I'm afraid
they haven't kept up with their good behavior. I think that's a bit
too much for them. Because during the water festival they started
arresting quite recently, that is the 12th of April, the water
festival started on the 12th of April and they waited for that time
to arrest our people. Because during the water festival the office is
closed and they usually make their arrests over the holiday period so
people cannot get in touch.

And they started arresting a lot of our young people. Those who had
been part of the reorganization process. We have been reorganizing
the youth wing of the NLD and this we had done within our rights as a
political party. We had these reorganization meetings with the
precincts of our party offices or the houses of our members and
everything was very quiet and very orderly.

But the very fact that there is any kind of activity within the NLD
seems to trouble the authorities. Sometimes I almost think it
frightens them. They really get into a terrible tizz when we start
reorganizing our young people. We have to reorganize our young people
because the point is that young people get old, you see. After a
certain age you can't call them young people anymore so you have
replace them with younger ones

They arrested over 40 people. They also arrested 3 house owners, the
houses in which the meetings took place. They have now been under
arrest since the 12th and today it's certainly more than 24 hours and
according to the law they shouldn't arrest anybody without any
warrant. And of course all the people were taken away without any
warrant on sight. They are not allowed to keep people for more than
24 hours without bringing up some sort of charge. They haven't been
charged with anything yet but our legal aid committee is looking into
the matter.

This is a demonstration of the fact that as far as human rights
violations are concerned, this regime is not getting any better at
all. And we hope very much that the human rights conference in Geneva
will take due note of the matter.

Q: Is there any sort of change in the way that the regime works, in
the way they arrest.

A: No. Well the leopard certainly has not changed its spots. And the
way in which those who were arrested were not allowed, have so far
been not allowed to contact either their families or their legal
advisers.

Q: So nothing..

A: Absolutely nothing. This is the way it always happens in Burma.
Arrests usually take place at night and very often they take place
over a holiday period. And those who are taken away are not allowed
to contact their families and they are not allowed to contact any
legal adviser. We provide legal aid. We are not given any contact
with the detainees and then suddenly we are told "now they have been
sentenced to so many years in prison." Just like that. We don't even
know when they were tried, how they were sentenced, how they were
sentenced. This is how things happen in Burma

Q: (indistinct)??.. as a leader

A: The authorities are not relaxed at all. A few days ago I went to
visit U Tin Oo, our vice-chairman, I went to visit the families of
those who have been arrested and we were followed by about six
carloads of different intelligence people and goodness knows how many
motorbikes. At least 6 cars and numerous motorbikes surrounding us,
following us, trying to intimidate the people and lots of cameramen,
video cameras, still cameras, trying to frighten the people, taking
photographs of them, trying to keep them away form us. This is normal
behavior

Q: Just a closing line on the spirit of the people at this point in
time in Rangoon and across the country.
A: I think, in general, the people of Burma are afraid. There is a
climate of fear but within this climate of fear I'm very proud to say
there are many, many brave people. Brave people are not those who
don't know fear, who are afraid but who carry on in spite of their
fear. They don't say that they're not afraid, they are afraid but
still, they're committed enough to carry on with their work, in spite
of their fear. Those are the really courageous ones and I'm very
proud of them.

-----------------------------------
A L T S E A N - B U R M A
Alternative Asean Network on Burma
Tel: 66 2 275 1811 * Fax: 66 2 693 4515<altsean@xxxxxxxxxx>

MIC: OVER 6 MILLION UNDER-5 CHILDREN GIVEN OPV IN FIVE
CONSECUTIVE YEARS' ACTIVITIES OF NIDS

MYANMAR INFORMATION COMMITTEE
YANGON

Information  Sheet
No.B-1347 ( I )                 28th April 2000

MIC: Over 6 Million Under-5 Children Given OPV in Five
Consecutive Years' Activities of NIDs

    The prize presentation ceremony of the Photo
Competition on NIDs (National Immunizations Days) held at
International Business Centre, Yangon, on 27 April.The
Minister for Health highlighted that since 1996, over six
million under-5 children have been given Oral Polio
Vaccine (OPV) in five consecutive years' activities of
observing NIDs  and 95 per cent of the total number of
children had been given the vaccine yearly in Myanmar. The
success had been achieved due to help rendered by about
40,000 health staff all over the country and over 180,000
volunteers who worked together in observing those polio
eradication activities. While the countries in the world
are making endeavours to eradicate polio, Myanmar,
together  with her neighbours Nepal, India, Bhutan,
Bangladesh, Maldives, Thailand and Yunnan Province of
China, observed NIDs activities at the same time.To
achieve successes in carrying out the tasks to give the
children OPV on NIDs .Success has also been achieved
exceeding the target due to collaborative efforts of
health staff and volunteers of non-governmental
organizations, and people have been organized and educated
about the effectiveness and worthiness of NIDs activities
through means of mass media.

    The Minister praised some international
organizations CDC (Atlanta), JCV, JICA, Rotary
International for their cooperation and assistance in the
activities and thanked Canon Co. for its assistance in the
photo competition about NIDs. Deputy Resident
Representative of UNICEF Dr. Rosella Morelli explained
about the competition.  Officials then presented five
consolation prizes and 12 prizes of honour to winners and
gifts to judges. A total of 98 photographers took part in
the competition with 212 entries.

__________________ INTERNATIONAL ___________________

NEW YORK TIMES: FORTRESS BRITAIN TO ASYLUM SEEKERS

April 27, 2000

By SARAH LYALL

LONDON, April 21 -- To flee Myanmar seven years ago, Maung A. had to
pay a small fortune in bribes. He had to abandon his modest business
and his increasingly dangerous career as a local opposition
politician. And he had to leave his wife and 9-year-old son behind.

Maung made his way to Britain and applied for political asylum,
saying he had been harassed and threatened by a government that had
also jailed one of his colleagues and forced another into hiding. But
in 1997, after a four-year wait, his application was denied.

In one of a laundry list of reasons, the British Home Office said
that Maung's decision to apply for asylum two months after arriving
here, rather than immediately at the airport, was not the action of a
desperate man.

"I couldn't believe it," he said, recalling his tense flight from
Myanmar, through Bangkok, Moscow and Brunei, and his exhausted,
bewildered arrival in London with no ability to speak English and no
knowledge of the asylum process. Maung, who has appealed the
government's decision, agreed to discuss his case only if his full
name was not used, saying he wanted to protect his relatives back
home and did not want to antagonize the Home Office here.

He is right to be worried about the Home Office. The year 2000 is not
a good time to be an asylum seeker in Britain. Vulnerable to the
public perception that Britain has  become too easy a target for
economic migrants intent on exploiting its generosity, the Labor
government has enacted a tough new law that makes it harder for
refugees to enter and remain in Britain. And it has made it
abundantly clear that it will not tolerate the presence of refugees
whose asylum claims do not meet the
highest threshold of proof.

"The threshold for asylum is the kind of persecution people suffered
in the war in Kosovo," Jack Straw, the home secretary, told reporters
recently. That rules out huge swaths of people from places with
decidedly mixed human-rights records, like China and Turkey, according
to Home Office figures. It also rules out Gypsies, or Roma, who are
increasingly fleeing persecution from skinheads and others in Eastern
Europe: no applications from Gypsies have been accepted in recent
years.

No applications from Myanmar have been accepted in recent years,
either. And refugee groups say that Maung's treatment by the Home
Office reinforces the perception that the government seems
institutionally inclined to keep some people out, rather than letting
them in -- even people like Maung, who has a college degree, got a
job as soon as he legally could and hardly fits the stereotype of an
idle asylum seeker living off government handouts.

"They are very suspicious of anyone who makes an application for
asylum," Alasdair Mackenzie, coordinator of Asylum Aid, the group
that is providing legal help to Maung, said of caseworkers at the
Home Office. "Basically, they don't believe anyone."

Asylum applications have been increasing throughout Europe. In
Britain last year, 71,000 people applied for political asylum, a huge
increase even from the previous year's figure of 46,000. In 1988,
only 4,000 people applied, but that was before the fall of the Iron
Curtain, the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the political and
social upheavalsof the 1990's.

Britain's refugees come from the world's most unsettled countries,
including, most frequently, Somalia, Afghanistan, the Czech Republic,
Sri Lanka and the former Yugoslavia, and many have survived horrific
treatment at home and showed extraordinary cunning and resilience in
making their way here. They come by boat, by plane, by car, or in the
back of trucks, some with forged papers, others with no papers at
all. Many are desperate.

But their reception, never very enthusiastic, has been bordering on
the hostile in the last year. The government and the Conservative
opposition have each tried to cast itself as the tougher party on
asylum.

For the government, this has resulted in the newly enacted law, which
has placed some refugees into detention centers, replaced a system of
cash benefits with subsistence-level vouchers, and begun imposing
stiff penalties on truck drivers and others caught bringing illegal
immigrants into the country. Meanwhile, the Conservative leader,
William Hague, recently proposed placing all new asylum seekers in
prison-style detention centers and deporting them within about six
weeks if their applications are unsuccessful.

Of the 32,300 asylum seekers whose cases were decided in 1999, 36
percent were granted asylum and 11 percent were given what is known
as exceptional leave to remain. In some years, as few as 20 percent
of applicants have been allowed to stay in the country. Many of those
decisions are likely to be overturned on appeal, leading to
suspicions among refugee groups that caseworkers are perhaps too
quick to turn people down.

And that perception is growing as the government, faced with a
backlog of 100,000 cases, has made speedy resolution of asylum
applications a top priority. Last month, the Home Office made
decisions on 10,000 cases, more than tripling its usual rate.

The government says the application process is as fair as possible.

"We recognize our international obligations toward refugees and we
would say that we treat each case fairly and impartially with regard
to these obligations and with regard to the facts of each case," said
a Home Office spokesman, asking that his name not be used in
accordance with general government practice here.

Maung's tale does not involve torture, as the tales of many refugees
do, but it does involve the sort of threats and fear that are
commonplace in Myanmar. In 1988, a simmering antigovernment movement
swelled into mass protests in which hundreds of demonstrators were
shot and killed by security forces. The ruling military dictatorship
was overwhelmingly defeated in parliamentary elections two years
later, but the opposition never took its seats, and the government
arrested hundreds of people for offenses like campaigning,
criticizing the regime and gathering in groups of more than five.

Maung, who managed his family's rice mill in a small town in southern
Myanmar, ran for parliament as an opposition candidate. He did not
win, but was constantly harassed during and after the campaign, he
said, and was shot at once. And he said that his house and office
were constantly watched by security forces. His campaign manager,
facing arrest, fled. Among a mass roundup of political dissidents,
his local party's political secretary was jailed.

"Everything was up to the government, and it was not very easy to
survive," Maung said, describing how the government arbitrarily shut
down his mill, routinely entered his house to question him, and
menaced him with guns. "It was a very bad life."

Maung said that he knew he would be jailed if he continued his
political activities and that it would be better to work for
democracy from the outside -- by joining a dissident movement from
abroad. In 1992, he went into hiding, and struggled to raise the more
than $4,000 needed to bribe officials for a passport and other
papers. When he got to London, he became the vice president of the
Burmese Democratic Organization here.

After he left Myanmar, security forces removed his wife from her
parents' house, blindfolded her, and drove her to a prison where she
was interrogated by seven men, he said. She was shown cells where
prisoners were kept in solitary confinement, ill and moaning with
pain. Newspaper photographs of her husband marching in front of the
Burmese Embassy in London were waved in her face. After several
years, she too escaped to London, with phony papers in which she and
her son used pseudonyms.

But the British government said it did not believe that Maung was
ever seriously at risk. Among the reasons the Home Office gave in its
rejection letter in 1997 was that although Maung said he had been
repeatedly questioned by the authorities, he had never actually been
arrested. Also, it said, he had remained in Myanmar for two months
after receiving a visa, giving an impression that he was not at risk.

And Maung's ability to obtain a passport, which the  Burmese
authorities as a rule do not give to their political opponents,
raises "grave doubts on the credibility of your account," the Home
Office said.

The letter also chided Maung for failing to claim asylum the moment
he arrived in Britain, saying, "These were not the actions of someone
in fear of their life and seeking to bring themselves within
international protection at the earliest opportunity."

Maung has ready explanations. Being shot at once was scary enough for
him, he says. He got a passport and visa only through the corruption
of government officials. And he did not claim asylum when his plane
landed because he didn't speak English, didn't know anything about
the asylum process, and had just endured a marathon journey through
several countries that would have sent him back to Myanmar if a fast-
talking English businessman he met on the journey had not helped him.

The Home Office says it will not discuss individual cases but
concedes that decisions about asylum are based largely on extensive
reports on the human rights situation in the countries of origin of
the applicants, rather than on the applicants' own accounts. Myanmar,
it says, does not seem like the kind of place that would give someone
like Maung any trouble.

Meanwhile, Maung and his family are waiting for a ruling on his
appeal. They bought a tiny fish-and-chips shop in Hackney, London,
with money they saved from Maung's street-sweeping job and his wife's
job delivering newspapers. On the counter Maung keeps a stack of
pamphlets promoting democracy in Myanmar. He would not, he feels
sure, be able to display those back home.

MIC: MYANMAR DELEGATION LEAVES FOR BANGKOK

April 28, 2000

    A ten-member delegation led by central executive
committee member of Anti-narcotic Association (Myanmar)
left Yangon on 26 April by air for Bangkok, Thailand to
attend the tenth workshop of IFNGO ASEAN NGOs to be held
form 27 to 29 April.

AFP: THAILAND, MYANMAR TACKLE CROSS-BORDER DRUG EPIDEMIC

   BANGKOK, April 28 (AFP) - Thailand and Myanmar held a high-level
meeting in a remote border town to tackle the booming regional drug
trade, Myanmar media reported Friday.

   High-ranking members of the Thai and Myanmar narcotics control
forces met in Kyainge Tong in eastern Myanmar and discussed sharing
intelligence about drug producers and initiating joint anti-drug
patrols in border areas, state television reported.

   In recent months, Thai officials have become increasingly
concerned about the massive rise in methamphetamine trafficking into
Thailand and abuse of the drug by Thai children.

   Thai military sources expect more than 600 million methamphetamine
tablets to be produced in Myanmar this year and many sold to Thai
school students.

   Police seized 44 million methamphetamine pills last year, most of
which were produced in Myanmar.

   Thai leaders have frequently blamed Myanmar for ignoring the drug
trade.

   "These drugs are produced inside a neighbouring country and there
is no sign our neighbour will do anything to resolve the problem,"
army chief General Surayud Chulanont said last month.

   In accordance with a memorandum of understanding, Thailand and
Myanmar meet every six months to discuss the fight against narcotics.

   The meeting also was attended by the Bangkok-based United Nations
Drug Control Programme.

_________________OPINION/EDITORIALS_________________

BLC (Australia): SAFFIN CALLS ON AUST GOV TO DEFUND PROGRAM WITH
BURMA'S MILITARY DICTATORSHIP

Media Release 27th April 2000

Janelle Saffin Secretary of the Burma Lawyers Council (Australian
Section) today called upon the Australian Government to immediately
cease its human rights training programme with Burma's military
dictatorship, known as the State Peace and Development Council (SPDC).

"Aung San Suu Kyi has called on the Australian Government and the
Federal Members of Parliament to not proceed with the human rights
training programme.  We the lawyers who support the democratic
movement's call to restore the rule of law and democracy urge the
Australian Government to listen to the people of Burma and not the
military dictatorship," concluded Ms Saffin.

"The programme is ill-conceived at best, plain stupid at worst, only
legitimising and giving succour to a brutal regime.  This same regime
that was strongly condemned only last week at the United Nations
Commission on Human Rights annual session in Geneva." said Ms Saffin.

The call comes amid a further crackdown by the military on Aung San
Suu Kyi's political colleagues, including the `detention' of senior
figure CRPP Secretary Aye Thar Aung and sixty (60) youth from the
National League for Democracy, the party which won the 1990 general
election and of which Aung San Suu Kyi is the General Secretary.  The
CRPP is the Committee Representing the People's Parliament
established by Aung San Suu Kyi in 1998 against the background of the
military's refusal to cede power to those elected to govern.

"The Burma Lawyers Council Australian Section calls upon Minister
Alexander Downer to make immediate and public protests to the SPDC
and the United Nations over the regime's latest ploy to silence any
political opposition."

Ms Saffin said that,  "The SPDC with its army (Tatmadaw) of around
500, 000 and no immediate external threat, is running scared.  They
are scared of one woman, Aung San Suu Kyi who won the Nobel Peace
Prize and is also a member of the Order of Australia and the revered
Sangha the order of Monks."

"They don't know how to fight a real war, they are first class
cowards, they mainly murder and terrorise women, children, and
defenceless men.  They detain and imprison anyone who disagrees with
them under the guise of law, but their laws are a mixture of military
orders and draconian security laws.  They have also ruthlessly
slaughtered even the monks."

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL JANELLE SAFFIN ON 0418-664001

ABYMU:  EMERGENCY DECLARATION OF ABYMU ON ATTEMPTS BY THE SPDC TO
SUPPRESS THE STRUGGLE OF MONKS WITHIN BURMA

1. In the declaration of Sangha Samagi issued in accordance with the
monks' movement "Trumpet Flower (3)," there was a request calling for
dialogue between the SPDC and the leaders of the NLD led by Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi, the ten-person Committee Representing the People's
Parliament and other politicians under the patronage of  famous
Sayadaws (senior Buddhist monks) within 99 days, before May 25, 2000 -
-Burma's present era 1362, the 8th day beyond the full-moon day of
Kasume. If the SPDC refuses to enter into dialogue, the following
measures will be taken:

Buddhist Monasteries all over the country will be declared as strike
camps;

The cooperation of other patriots will be called for;
Donations from patriots will be called for;
Rural people will be requested to join to their nearest monastery;
Required arrangements will be made through such camps and, if
necessary, a protest march will be made to the capital, Yangon

2. According to confirmed information, this declaration appeared
after a Sangha meeting held secretly in a town near the capital in
the first week of February, 2000, and the plans will be implemented
within their areas of
responsibility.

3. The reasons for this movement by the Sangha were the following
actions taken by the SPDC against the Kyachewaing Sayadaw, Pago and
Maha Gandayon Sayadaw, Armarapura who have called for dialogue for
national peace:

People have been obstructed from making donations to these monks; The
ceremony of selecting the Tepehtakadara was held with just seventeen
monks close to the SPDC, instead of fifty-five monks or at least
thirty-three monks;

No invitations were issued to this ceremony of selecting the
Tepehtakadara An officer of the Department of Religious Affairs, a
relative of the Kyachewaing Sayadaw, Pago was dismissed;

These monks were not allowed to received a donation from England and
were forbidden to preach; The monks were rudely criticized
of "interfering in politics and
instigating the NLD;"Their peaceful proposals for dialogue were
rejected.

4. Neglecting utterly the entreaties of the Buddhist monks, the SPDC
has carried out the following acts of suppression:.

(a) On April 21, 2000, they ordered riot-police to be on emergency
alert;

(b) The police-stations were instructed to crack down by force;

(c) Illegal searches were made on the pretext of searching for
terrorists;

(d) Monks have been controlled and their travel obstructed;

(e) The monasteries and famous senior monks have been closely watched;

(f) Documents have been distributed to incite religions unrest, to
distract people from    the main issue.

The All Burma Young Monks' Union strongly condemns all such
suppression and asserts that it is in the interests of the SPDC to
heed the constructive suggestions of the monks.

5. If over three million Buddhist monks calling peacefully for
negotiation are cracked down on violently, it cannot be guaranteed
that the anger of Burma's people in and out of the country will be
able to controlled. If such crackdowns occur, we fear that violence
may occur against SPDC embassies, their employees, the relatives of
the SPDC, the economic partners of the SPDC and persons serving the
SPDC.

6. Thus, to avoid violence, the ABYMU urgently entreats the United
Nations, influential countries and  ASEAN members to become involved
in attempts to bring about such negotiations before the ultimatum
delivered by the monks inside Burma expires.

Central Governing Body
     	     All Burma Young Monks' Union
Date- April 26, 2000

You can also contact BurmaNet by phone or fax:

Voice mail +1 (435) 304-9274

Fax + (202) 318-1261