James Mawdsley & The Goldwyn Syndro

Subject: James Mawdsley & The Goldwyn Syndrome: Little girl got burned. Don't play with fire, little girl.

Since she thought so much to defend herself and her family to The Times,
let me say this: once again she shows her pathetic treachery and
confusion. Now, safe back home, after she and her family were down on
their knees and willing to do virtually anything, so said her proud
father, to get her out of jail and out of the country, they were used,
and turned into a propaganda item, siging the junta tune, and now,
having renonced herself once again, she claims, turning and turning,
that she will not go back and there wasnt any "deal".

she already sold out. long ago, and she's been dealt out since. the
goldwyn syndrome is for weak hearts and weak minds. James and DAvid
mawdsley are made of different stuff.

which is why everyone should do whatever they can to see that the junta
knows the world is watching VERY closely what they do to James while
they keep him illegally behind bars.

ds*

TIMES (London): BURMA PRISONERS--LETTER FROM RACHEL GOLDWYN
Burma prisoners

BODY:

>From Ms Rachel Goldwyn

Sir, In your interview with David Mawdsley (January 10) he criticises my
family's handling of my release from prison in Burma. The Mawdsleys and
my parents have very different perspectives. My family made my release
their immediate and sole objective, terrified that I would be tortured
and beaten like other political prisoners in Burma.

James and his family do not currently want to fight for his release.
They were involved in his planning, my family weren't involved in mine.

I have the utmost respect for the Mawdsleys and James especially. He
wants to use his incarceration to highlight the suffering of the 1,500
other political prisoners in Burma. He is an incredibly brave and
principled young man.

We will never know what it was that secured my release; there have been
so many people in the UK and beyond who worked hard towards it, but
there was no "deal".

I was in a terribly confused state when I returned to the UK; this was
my first encounter with the junta who worked intensively to undermine me
in jail. But I now know that it would be dangerous and foolish to return
to Burma, and I have no intention of doing so.

British business supports this illegitimate, cruel regime. Until there
are economic sanctions on Burma, all of us Britons have blood on our
hands.

Yours,

RACHEL GOLDWYN

(Prisoner 0678/c, Insein jail),