Congressman meets the leaders of Bu

Subject: Congressman meets the leaders of Burmese Democratic Society

  Congressman meets the leaders of Burmese Democratic Society

           January 4th was the 52 anniversary of Burma's Independence day
which has been losing for 48 years by the first military coup of 1958  led by
Ne Win. So the  people of Burma have been struggling for their human rights
and their second independence against the military junta.
           On the 4th of January,2000, the leaders of Burmese Democratic
Society (BDS), Maung Maung Soe (Chairperson) and Maung Maung Win (General
Secretary) accompany with their advisors, David Horton and Peggy Seigel met
with Congressman Mark E. Souder in their pursuit for freedom and human rights
in their motherland. They were encouraged by the openness of Congressman
Souder to their concerns about the rising drug traffic supported by the
illegel military junta that rules their country.
           "Our efforts to bring about dialogue between the opposite
leadership led by Daw Aung San Kyi and the controlling dictatorship need the
support of the entire free world " said the leaders of BDS. The Burmese
Democratic Society (BDS) urges that the dialogue in such meeting before end
of the year 2000.Also they explained to Congressman Souder about Selective
Purchasing Law of  their current campaign to support Massachusetts law.
            Your letters and contacts with officials will help bring this
about and stop the persecution , suffering and death of our people. Thanks to
Congressman Mark Souder and the Journal Gazette Newspaper for listing to our
Concerns!

  01. 04.00
  News& Information Dept
  Burmese Democratic Society