The abject poverty of the Burmese p

Subject: The abject poverty of the Burmese people

Attention:

The average government worker in Burma only brings in 1000 kyat a month.
That is only $3 US! Not enough to pay electric bills, much less food, rent,
transportation and the other myriad fees that aflict one in a modern
society. Is the SPDC trying to deliberately cause its own employees to
wallow in squalor? Or does it openly expect them to suplement their living
through forcing bribes from the honest people. Seems like a Catch-22 to me.
Either me honest and starve or hop on the SPDC corruption bandwagon full
tilt.

Maybe if you're a spy against your own people like Okkar, MGM, and JM you
can live confortably (Plenty of bones to eat). For those who aren't stealing
from the populace, however, the Burma road is nothing but speed bumps and
potholes.