REPOSTING : Diary of My Travels In (r)

Subject: Re: REPOSTING : Diary of My Travels In Myanmar  ( English Translation )

I draw attention to the gap in credibility in Dr. Win Naing's diary.  If
he had unfettered unhindered access to all areas of the country then why
was the UN Special Rapporteur denied access to conduct his
investigations?  How can I trust Dr.Win Naing's self declared
authenticity?

I would like to go to Burma, as would many other people interested in
the welfare of the people of Burma.  I would like to go to the different
regions to see for myself (without a military escort). I would like to
go to the prisons to visit and talk to the the prisoners there.  I want
to be able to sit and speak with ordinary people freely. I don't believe
that I would be granted such freedom. The more likely prospect, I fear,
would be a sojourn in Insein jail or in one of the other infamous places
of incarceration.
I would like to see the SPDC treat Daw Aung San Suu Kyi with the respect
that she deserves before I will believe "Dr. Win Naing's" diary.
Despite the massive censorship by the regime there is  a lot of news
that comes out of Burma - often more reliable that that of the regimes
propaganda machine.

I really need a hell of a lot more to convince me enough to trust the
SPDC! But I am not giving up hope that one day............