Goodbye from burmanet-l and go forw

Subject: Re: Goodbye from burmanet-l and go forward

--------------E5850A8232199B301C707CEE

please all of you join freeburma@xxxxxxxxxxx which is contributed by FREEBURMA
2000 groups of Burmese activists.
See you there.

Have a very very happy new year 2000.

sincerely

panyoma/syd

RangoonPost@xxxxxxx wrote:

>   I was automatically unsubscribed by the BN editor and then subscribed to
> BurmaNet news only list BurmaNews  and then unsubscribed.  This is
> agrivating. I can still apparently get to BurmaNet but not BurmaNews.
> Since Burma Net has it apparent connections to SOROS, I am now suspiscious
> about it and this new IGC.TOPICA .
>
>     Though at their web site: http://www.topica.com   it has an option to
> create your own list, though I am not sure it is free.  BurmaNet 2 seems to
> be still active.  Another option is creating another egroup.com list which
> there seems to be 3 or more and also the list-site where myanmar made their
> listbot link.
>
> In a message dated 12/29/99 1:06:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> celsus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << > From: Aung Soe <aungsoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  > To: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx
>  > Subject: Re: Goodbye from burmanet-l
>  > Date: December 29, 1999 9:19 AM
>  >
>  > Is it a joke or real thing?  Answer.
>  >
>  ------------------------------
>
>  Yes, you could call it a joke and it would appear that the final laugh in
>  this comedy of errors lies with the BurmaNet editor and the mysterious
>  'powers that be' in Washington and New York that have chosen to shut off
>  the taps of access to this freedom exchange.
>
>  Remarkable that yours is the first faint voice of protest to be heard.
>  Even more remarkable that this new form of censorship comes in a week when
>  the 'powers that be in Rangoon' have squashed the tiny ray of cyber
>  connectedness that was opening up in Burma and hauled off one of their own
>  for questioning on suspicion of having passed along messages that were
>  shared on the very Net that now itself enters the sacred circle of the
>  CENSORSHIP of SILENCE.  Ah, well, we who raise our voices in these circles
>  must be thankful for small mercies, I suppose.  At least, no prison term
>  stares us in the face for our gentle words of protest.
>
>  And what 'mess of pottage' will we, who have given away our 'birthright' of
>  free expression, receive in return.  Take heart, good friend, a 'free'
>  subscription to the BurmaNet News, perhaps even with pictures and maps and
>  all other kinds of goodies are offered to make up for the fact that the
>  editor and the 'mysterious powers that be' are rid, once and for all, of
>  these troublesome, querulous, often uncouth, often uninformed, but
>  nevertheless passionately committed voices of protest and of hope that have
>  made the burmanet-l a lively forum of ideas.
>
>  Admittedly the BurmaNet News has taken a turn for the better in this past
>  month -- beginning to fulfil its important mission of giving priority to
>  news from 'inside' Burma -- dare we hope it will continue?  I could imagine
>  the BurmaNet News with a string of underground correspondents in every city
>  in the country.  Impossible you say?  What about the correspondents
> [...]

<HTML>
<FONT SIZE=+1>please all of you join freeburma@xxxxxxxxxxx which is contributed
by FREEBURMA 2000 groups of Burmese activists.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>See you there.</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>Have a very very happy new year 2000.</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>sincerely</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>panyoma/syd</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>RangoonPost@xxxxxxx wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp; I was automatically unsubscribed by the BN
editor and then subscribed to
<BR>BurmaNet news only list BurmaNews&nbsp; and then unsubscribed.&nbsp;
This is
<BR>agrivating. I can still apparently get to BurmaNet but not BurmaNews.
<BR>Since Burma Net has it apparent connections to SOROS, I am now suspiscious
<BR>about it and this new IGC.TOPICA .

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Though at their web site: <A HREF="http://www.topica.com";>http://www.topica.com</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;
it has an option to
<BR>create your own list, though I am not sure it is free.&nbsp; BurmaNet
2 seems to
<BR>be still active.&nbsp; Another option is creating another egroup.com
list which
<BR>there seems to be 3 or more and also the list-site where myanmar made
their
<BR>listbot link.

<P>In a message dated 12/29/99 1:06:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,