Blair praises Gurkhas (r)

Well, they did take Tibet in 1904, otherwise Younghusband and his
british troops would never have taken the palace. its not really their
fault. the gurkhas, probably the worst most fearlesss and fearsome
mercenary force, got a bad break when the brits had to pull out of hong
kong, that after they cleaned up the faulklands before brit troops
landed; argentinians gladly surrendered only on the word that the
gurkhas were coming; they dont take prisoners, and they fought the
japanese in burma during the world war two occupation, bravely,
collecting ears with their kukhari angled knifes.

i know a few. good byes and brave men, from the hills, far back in
Nepal. they deserve whatever they can get from the former british
empire, and more. like so many other mercenary foreign troops, the brits
would never have taken burma in the 19th century without them.

Does anyone out there have any information on the use of gurkha troops
in the british invasion of Burma 1880s?

thanks

ds*