[burmanet2-l] Bkk post - Fishing ba

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] Bkk post - Fishing ban preserved to  replenish stocks

--=====================_10990903==_.ALT

Welcome the decision!  Most of the fishing business have been controlled by
Chavalit the crook.  Many Burmese fishermen and their families are suffered
because of Thai- Burma fishing deals.  I want the SPDC to stick on its
current decision, if they care about the native Burmese fishermen and the
protection of the sea animal environment than the US dollars.

Htun Aung Gyaw

At 12:57 AM 12/24/1999 +0900, TIN KYI wrote:

>Bangkok Post Dec 23, 1999.
>

>Fishing ban preserved to replenish stocks
>

>Post Reporters
>
>Burma had made clear it will not re-open its waters to Thai trawlers,
>saying it needs time to replenish marine stocks.
>
>The Foreign Ministry said Rangoon insisted the closure, now in its 11th
>week, was neither permanent nor discriminatory as Burmese fishermen were
>also affected.
>
>Burmese authorities, including Maung Maung Thein, fisheries and livestock
>minister, discussed the issue with a delegation from the Agriculture
>Ministry who visited Rangoon between Dec 20-21.
>
>Burma closed its waters on Oct 2 following the 25-hour siege of its
>Bangkok embassy by dissidents.
>
>An industry source said Burma said the matter would be raised on Saturday
>in Rangoon at a meeting of the Fishery Federation.

--=====================_10990903==_.ALT

Welcome the decision!&nbsp; Most of the fishing business have been
controlled by Chavalit the crook.&nbsp; Many Burmese fishermen and their
families are suffered because of Thai- Burma fishing deals.&nbsp; I want
the SPDC to stick on its current decision, if they care about the native
Burmese fishermen and the protection of the sea animal environment than
the US dollars.<br>
Htun Aung Gyaw<br>
At 12:57 AM 12/24/1999 +0900, TIN KYI wrote:<br>
1999.</font></b></h1><br>
</b></h1><br>
Fishing ban preserved to replenish stocks</b></h1><br>
made clear it will not re-open its waters to Thai trawlers, saying it
needs time to replenish marine stocks.<br>
The Foreign Ministry said Rangoon insisted the closure, now in its 11th
week, was neither permanent nor discriminatory as Burmese fishermen were
also affected.<br>
Burmese authorities, including Maung Maung Thein, fisheries and livestock
minister, discussed the issue with a delegation from the Agriculture
Ministry who visited Rangoon between Dec 20-21.<br>
Burma closed its waters on Oct 2 following the 25-hour siege of its
Bangkok embassy by dissidents.<br>