NEWS : Japan handed over 10 School

Subject: NEWS : Japan handed over 10 School Buildings to No. 3 BED

( NOTE : I  HAD  HEARD  THAT  DAW  AUNG  SAN  SUU  KYI   AND  NLD  OPPOSED THE  AID  OF  JAPAN  TO  BUILD  ABOUT  50  SCHOOLS  IN  1997-98. BUT  NOW,  JAPAN  HANDED  10 NEWS  SCHOOL  BUILDINGS TO  MYANMAR.
AS  A  MYANMAR  CITIZED, I  WANT  TO  EXPRESS  A  GREAT  THANKS
TO  JAPAN. )

Source:  Information  Sheet No.B-1160 (I)  24th November, 1999
         MYANMAR INFORMATION COMMITTEE , YANGON

10 School Buildings Handed Over to No. 3 BED

    The Japanese Embassy handed 10 new school buildings
over to No. 3 Basic Education Department of the
Ministry of Education at No. 14 Basic Education
Primary School of Shwepyitha Township on 23 November.
Director-General of No. 3 BED and Ambassador of
Japanese Embassy in Yangon formally opened the No. 14
BEPS of Shwepyitha. The Ambassador explained the
purpose of the donations and handed documents related
to the school buildings over to the Director-General
of No.3 BED. A total of 10 school buildings-- three in
Dagon Myothit (South), two in Dagon Myothit (North),
three in Hlinethaya and two in Shwepyitha-- were
sponsored by the Japanese government and people under
the Grass Roots Grant Assistance Scheme.

Mg Myanmar
A Myanmar citizen who loves Myanmar