Message from Daw Aung San Suu kyi

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF3617.A0C6E400

On the 23th of November, "Love and Freedom for Peace ceremony" was held =
at the great hall of Act City in Hammamatsu, Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. =
Leader of Democratic Party of Japan, Mr Yukio Hatoyama, attended and =
gave speech to the audience. Mr Kato Akira, international journalist =
stage as coordinator and professor of Kyoto University, Mr. Richard =
Tander, Journalist Mrs. Eegawa shoko and Peace and human rights =
acitivist and singer Mr Kina Shokichi stage as penalist. Forward is the =
message video send to the ceremony from Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

Message from
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi=20
general secretary National League for Democracy

to the people of Japan, November 1999.

=20

Want and fear are two of the greatest enemies we have to contend with =
from day to day. In the country like Burma, where we have been crushed =
under a military regime for many, many years, want and fear stalk us all =
the time. They wake up in the morning wondering which of ours friends =
have been taken into detention by the authorities. People wake up in the =
morning wondering where the next meal is going to come from. They wake =
up in the morning wondering what the future of our children will be and =
worrying about it. Want and fear go together where there are no human =
rights and where there is no justice. We would like justice, human =
rights, and peace to spread all over the world, so that everywhere might =
live free from fear and from want. In Asia where so many of us believe =
in such ideal, they are still in a need, a very, very great need, for =
understanding for basic factor that made human life acceptable. I =
sometimes think Asians are too hard on ourselves as human beings. I =
think there is a lack of compassion. But yet compassion is a very basic =
ingredient in all religions. For this reason, I hope that, as we =
approach the year 2000, we will increase compassion all over the world. =
In our struggle for democracy and human rights, we would like greater =
support from our fellow Asians. We would especially like Japanese people =
to take a strong stand in a battle for democracy. Japan is one of the =
strongest economies in the world. And it is a democracy. It is certainly =
the richest Asian country. As a richest Asian country and as a =
democracy, Japan has a duty to try to promote human rights and democracy =
in other parts of Asia. We hope that year 2000 will see a blossoming of =
Japanese interest in human rights and democracy. May I conclude by =
asking all of you to offer a prayer for Burma, for East Timor and for =
every other parts of the world where people are longing for human =
rights, for compassion, and for peace. And may I also express my hope =
that, one day, we may all be able to meet together in understanding and =
happiness. Thank you.

=20

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF3617.A0C6E400

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: =
13pt">On the=20
23th of November, &#8220;Love and Freedom for Peace ceremony&#8221; was =
held at the great=20
hall of Act City in Hammamatsu, Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. Leader of =
Democratic=20
Party of Japan, Mr Yukio Hatoyama, attended and gave speech to the =
audience. Mr=20
Kato Akira, international journalist stage as coordinator and professor =
of Kyoto=20
University, Mr. Richard Tander, Journalist Mrs. Eegawa shoko and Peace =
and human=20
rights acitivist and singer Mr Kina Shokichi stage as penalist. Forward =
is the=20
message video send to the ceremony from Daw Aung San Suu =
Kyi.</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 13pt"></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 13pt"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: =
13pt">Message=20
from</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13pt"><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o =
ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></DIV>
<H1><FONT size=3D5>Daw Aung San Suu Kyi </FONT></H1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13pt">general secretary National League for=20
Democracy<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 18pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 13.0pt">to the people of=20
Japan</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13pt">, November =
1999.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13pt">Want and fear are two of the greatest enemies =
we have to=20
contend with from day to day. In the country like Burma, where we have =
been=20
crushed under a military regime for many, many years, want and fear =
stalk us all=20
the time. They wake up in the morning wondering which of ours friends =
have been=20
taken into detention by the authorities. People wake up in the morning =
wondering=20
where the next meal is going to come from. They wake up in the morning =
wondering=20
what the future of our children will be and worrying about it. Want and =
fear go=20
together where there are no human rights and where there is no justice. =
We would=20
like justice, human rights, and peace to spread all over the world, so =
that=20
everywhere might live free from fear and from want. In Asia where so =
many of us=20
believe in such ideal, they are still in a need, a very, very great =
need, for=20
understanding for basic factor that made human life acceptable. I =
sometimes=20
think Asians are too hard on ourselves as human beings. I think there is =
a lack=20
of compassion. But yet compassion is a very basic ingredient in all =
religions.=20
For this reason, I hope that, as we approach the year 2000, we will =
increase=20
compassion all over the world. In our struggle for democracy and human =
rights,=20
we would like greater support from our fellow Asians. We would =
especially like=20
Japanese people to take a strong stand in a battle for democracy. Japan =
is one=20
of the strongest economies in the world. And it is a democracy. It is =
certainly=20
the richest Asian country. As a richest Asian country and as a =
democracy, Japan=20
has a duty to try to promote human rights and democracy in other parts =
of Asia.=20
We hope that year 2000 will see a blossoming of Japanese interest in =
human=20
rights and democracy. May I conclude by asking all of you to offer a =
prayer for=20
Burma, for East Timor and for every other parts of the world where =
people are=20
longing for human rights, for compassion, and for peace. And may I also =
express=20
my hope that, one day, we may all be able to meet together in =
understanding and=20
happiness. Thank you.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF3617.A0C6E400--