[burmanet2-l] NO MORE CHOICE/ A lif

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] NO MORE CHOICE/ A life and Death Struggle.

Kham Serng, You are so right, fight back, run and hide, escape, or be
destroyed. It is your choice. Like Gandhi said about the Jews in Nazi
Germany, if they didnt want to fight back, they might have just as well
committed collective suicide, as that would have been a more pronounced
statement of civil disobedience. So, you really dont have much or a
choice, and you never did. Join the rebels, and fight back. The Junta is
going to destroy every opposition violently. Arm and defend yourselves.
The great uprisings of the world required soldiers, and fighters.
Otherwise you will all be destoyed. You have to destroy the regime from
inside. Look what the Vietnamese did to the French, to the Americans.
With a bowl of rice, and organisation, and a gun. A lot of people will
not like what I say, and they will say that I have turned away from Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi. Not at all. I admire and respect her incomparable
leadership for Free Burma. But you and your people must fight for your
lives. Or you will not have a life, and you and your people will never
know freedom except as exiles. If you are not willing to fight for your
freedom, then what good is it? Some day I may join you, sooner than
later, but for now I have some work that must first be finished, and
then I will see you one way or another, but you can not count on
anything or anyone but what you know will give you freedom from day to
day, away from betrayal, surprise, ambush, and treachery. You and your
people can be superior to  your enemy, weaker and demoralized.

Collective suicide is not the answer. Look at Israel today, but see they
too are arming the Burmese dictators. A sort of vengeance on the world,
perhaps ruthless and amoral. You are right, if you a fighter, then you
dont have a choice. You must fight, you must lead, your must be willing
to die as a fighter, not as a slave. Remember though, dead heroes are
not much good to the fighters left behind. The Shans now have to fight
back, or be destroyed. You don't have a choice unless you want to join
the dictatorship and die a slave. Be a man or an animal like the
captors. This is your fate. This is your choice. Its not complicated.
Its a question of life or death, and we are all going to die sooner or
later, but its how you choose to live your life that makes all the
difference in the world. Sooner or later, you have to stop thinking, and
act, and live your action without having to think about it. Then your
action becomes automatic, if you live that long, by fate or accident,
however you wish to see it.

You know there is no easy solution, no easy way out. Perhaps nothing and
acting non violently is the easiest and hardest to do, be strong, even
under enslavement, and take your chances for survival. Or master your
life, under enslavement. But again, Gandhi said collective suicide then
would be better. I don't think so. I think you have to fight back. I
don't think you do have a choice. As they say in America, "Live Free or
Die". I am not in your position, now, and my circumstances and role is
not the same. But where you are, you cannot afford to be wrong. Or you
will pay with your life, painfully. So from where I am now, I canot say
what is right for you. I don't have that authority. It's your choice, if
you can still choose, and while you still have the freedom to choose.

This is a life and death struggle. Nothing less than that.

dawn star