Thai Internet / Censureship?

hi there, can i ask a dump question, because i havent had time to deal
with it myself. Last year, The Thai section of the Internet Society
(ISOC) or something like that depending where you are, your language,
said they had a law project and were going to establish strict internet
censorship on content and providers. That was denounced abroad on an
internaitonal level as targeting freedom of expression. Bangkok Post
then attacked the statutes of the ISOC, Thai section. Whats happened
since. And are the Thais active on the net for Free Burma movement. Or
not very active at all using the net, for Free Burma. I guess they have
too much work in the camps, but as a political instrument to express
ideas and evolve a society, it would seem to be a practical and useful
medium. Naturally. ds