Countries open to receiving exiled (r)

Subject: Re: Countries open to receiving exiled Myanmar students

 man.  ----Original Message Follows----
> From: OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx
> To: nyinyilwin8@xxxxxxxxx, burmanet-l@xxxxxxx,
> BurmaWatch@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Countries open to receiving exiled
> Myanmar students
> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:25:42 EST
>
> But their technique is "Burning the barn when the
> rat is not beaten".
> To get this kind of idea no need to learn in the US
> or Canada or Australia.
> Even a small boy who is looking after the cows in
> Myanmar can also
> think this kind of idea easily.
>
> ok

Wrong!!

We had never tried to beat a rat nor burned a barn.
But what we tried was to restore democracy and a
civilian government in Burma.  However, the BSPP,
SLORC-SPDC rampaged the peaceful student protesters.
Later the regime forced them to exile. As a result,
more than ten thousands students from Burma came out
to the Thai-Burma border.

Actually, we as all other human beings wanted to
pursuit our education peacefully, and lived with your
parents warmly. But we could not. WHY?

Because of the regime repression and one sided
conclusion over the student- protesters. HOW?

Presuming all the higher leaning students as the
biggest enemies by the SLORC-SPDC was one of the most
major mistakes the regime ever made, only focussing on
maintaining their political power. In addition, the
regime set a war over the students. As a result, we
had to leave the country and our beloved parents to
save our life.

For the hope for the country and the people of Burma
future, we will have to  go to the third countries to
equip our skills, education, knowledge, and
theologies. When we finish our higher learning, we
will again work for the people as much as we can.

So moving to third counters in order to build our
skills at this time is right thing to do so.

See you soon my respectful students in Thailand.

=====