Is the Expression of "Life Without

Subject: Is the Expression of "Life Without Freedom is Worthless" a crime in Burma?

Is the expression of "Life Without Freedom is Worthless" an attempt to break
any law in Burma or is it an antigovernment slogan?

Every body will agree that life without freedom is worthless.  If the regime
thinks it is an anti government slogan, then it is admitting that there is no
freedom in Burma.  That means Burmese people are under slavery of its own
military leaders.

If the SPDC regime is interrogating the American citizens or any foreigners
for the words, it is being dictator as ever.  There is no anti government
slogans on any of those papers.  If there were "down with the military
dictatorship" or " Transfer the power to the people", I would have agreed
that these were the anti government pamphlets.  But "Life without education
is worthless" or "life without love is worthless" or "life without honesty is
worthless" are the norms of all civilized society.  Many people from
different countries express what is good for the human society by writing
poems and slogans to educate and upgrade the moral of the people.

The American government should find out more details and protect the justice.
 I am concerned about the news that our fellow citizens will be punished by
the ruthless regime without committing a crime.  David Arnott please let me
know if you have any updates about this news.

Sincerely yours,
Sidney Pilgrim