Burma Out! It's Bingo Heaven Time

Subject: Burma Out!  It's Bingo Heaven Time in Shwedagon

Once upon a time :   "Wasn't  the Pope a nazi?"

What a nation respects or clings on to, has little (or nothing
whatsoever) to do with Universal law as taught by the Buddha
over 3000 years ago.

How does this "respect" relate to what the Okkathing was
suggesting was "pius"? Surely it is the pius who treat their
roofs and walls to gold leaf while the poorest in the land toil
and suffer under the yoke of the miiltary.

Under such Circumstances. These are the actions of an over
sentimental and twisted buddhism,  not of the original and not
of the orthodox.  Actions that smack of the outa date
interpretations of buddhist doctrine that such material relics
sometimes manifest in those that know no better than to worship
inanimate objects.  And who are open to those hell bent on
manipulating any such blind faith to their singular advantage.

Much like a Christian who finds some wood from the cross and
who, stuck out in the snow alone, can only save his life by
burning it on a fire.  And out there in the dark, while he wrestles
with his single brain cell, the wolves are watching and waiting,
and scared of fire.

One can only suggest that once the junta is gone, the roofs
are immediately stripped of their finery and given to those who
need it the most. But one can never trust organised religions,
at least not while the Church of England invests in the arms trade.

(Now ain't that a neatly religious "national trait" for yuh)

But if anyone wants to "trade licks" with me on this subject.
First let me say that "through all the clinging mud, gold (as
in the Universal law) is gold, whether it be in the hands of a
wise man or a fool."

And as I found it first, there is little that any man made
philosophy, and not a thing that  the "gold roof agents"  nor
military junti, can come up with, can ever loosen my grip upon
their golden testicles.

It's gonna be great kicking the junta outa Syd 2000.

Roger Bunn (Oct1999)