To: policy.office@xxxxxxxxx, burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: please respect Shwedagon
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:46:56 GMT
Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx

>From: policy.office@xxxxxxxxx (Roger Bunn)
>While the people of Burma are being starved and
>enslaved by the ruling military, in their hopeless quest for tourism,
>the junta has spead 120 tons of gold over the golden shell of some
>Burmese shrine.

dear roger,

i think you are talking about renovation of Shwedagon pagoda? this is most
sacred place for us in burma. in all of world! NOT "some burmese shrine." do
not say like this, it so disrespectful. gold and gems came from many people
with real metta. this was not "quest for tourism", you do not understand,
Shwedagon is not tourist site for us. we honor it.

love from, susu