QUID PRO QUO BY SPDC OF BURMA

=============================

SPDC, QUID PRO QUO all the time: In Politics, Business Dealings, etc. Too
numerous to mention all of them in details here.

But, allow me to make references to a few of the most recent SPDC's QUID PRO
QUO moves.

1. Since the months of July-September last year, SPDC has been holding
hundreds of Representatives of Parliaments from the NLD party as captives at
government guest-house in Rangoon. They refused to admit that the NLD's
Representatives of Parliament were under arrest and insisted that they were
just being invited for discussion. However, when pressured by the
international communities especially the UN "they promised to release them
if NLD dissolved the CRPP which was formed to represent the People's
Parliament". A QUID PRO QUO.

2. Now, Burma's SPDC ambassador in Bangkok has said "the border closure will
not be lifted until the five hostage-takers are arrested and punished".
Another QUID PRO QUO.

So, it clearly shows what SPDC/SLORC military regime in Burma is made of.

They are nothing but a bunch of military thugs who would not hesitate
to behave maliciously and use whatever strong-arm tactics they can think of
to any one whom they found standing in their way.

In my view, if not checked and challenged properly by the international
communities especially by the UN and the ASEAN, SPDC will get bolder in
their acts and will soon find them transcending national boundary.

SLORC/SPDC is an illegitimate government which came to power by a "miltary
coup" after killing thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators in 1988. Ne Win
came to power after toppling an only democrtically elected govenment by a
bloodless "military coup" in 1962. It was not the first time and it won't be
the last if nothing is done about it by the UN.

So, please allow me to appeal to the UN and the world communities at large
not to deal QUID PRO QUO with SPDC under no circumstances. Believe me. They
are so good at it. And more importantly, don't let them fool you.

With Mettta.

Minn Kyaw Minn