Myanmar general claims AIDS is bein

Subject: Re: Myanmar general claims AIDS is being used in propoganda war

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/13/99 5:11:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> dohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << Have you read "War in the Blood" by Dr. Chris Behrer?  Or the report on
>  AIDS in Burma by Southeast Asian Information Network?  There are numerous,
>  careful reports on AIDS in Burma.  There are even dedicated medical
>  professionals working on AIDS in Burma.  Get over your denial.
>   >>

> Dog,
>
>    I told you to stay away. What should I do with thid Dr. Chris Behrer? If
> you want to give your Mun for a night to him, you can do. Don't disturb me.
> Our country don't need a dog like you who knows only to bark at and only to
> see what to bark. Clear Mother fucker?
>

> Okkar

Charming.  Your post suggested that allegations about AIDS being a
national crisis in Burma represented the opinion only of the poster.  I
responded with two reports specifically about AIDS and Burma. As to what
you should do, I suggest that you read these reports, and if you find any
factual errors or analyses that you disagree with, that you make those
disagreements known.

See: http://www.burmafund.org/Research_Library/health_issues_in_burma.htm
for the following report links.

AIDS/HIV

                        NewÊ Drug use and HIV in Burma, by Dr. Cesar
Chalela and Dr. Chris Beyrer

                        Radio Free Asia's programs on HIV/AIDs in Burma
(in Burmese)

                        AIDS in Burma.Ê Burma.net's page of information,
links and a listserv on
                        HIV/AIDs in Burma.

                        Addressing the HIV/AIDs Epidemic in Burma, A paper
by Dr. Chris Beyrer and Dr.
                        Hnin Hnin Pyne, Johns Hopkins University.

                        AIDS Prevention and Control in Myanmar, The
Regime's View

                        AIDS/HIV and Burma in the news.Ê From Utopia Asia.

                        HIV/AIDS sentinal surveillance data from the World
Health Organization.Ê Requires
                        Adobe Acrobat reader.

                        Drugs in Burma

                        AFXB in Burma (Myanmar) Association
Fran?ois-Xavier Bagnoud is a Swiss
                        humanitarian aid organization working primarily on
HIV/AIDS issues.

                        With Hope and Help, a documentary on HIV/AIDS in
S.E. Asia, including Burma

As to your language, I'm sure that it says alot more about you than it
does about me.