www.myanmarmade.com (r)

  They attended the South East Asian Games and other games through-out Asia.
Either way we could use it to our advantage.

In a message dated 10/10/99 7:19:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
susanlocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Subj:     Re: www.myanmarmade.com
 Date:  10/10/99 7:19:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  susanlocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Susan Locke)
 Sender:    owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx
 To:    heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Heiko Schaefer), burmanet-l@xxxxxxx (Burmanet)

 Dear Heiko,

 Now that is interesting. I've been having a
 discussion recently with a few people about the
 Burma Out of Sydney 2000 Olympics campaign. Some
 people want to support the campaign, some want
 to have Burma come to Sydney. The discussion
 revolves around whether the sports people are
 SLORC/SPDC people whose training costs and
 resources have been gained through oppression
 and repression of civilian Burmese people; or
 are they "genuine" sports people whose level of
 achievement has been gained through their own
 endeavours and who should be given the
 opportunity to experience the Olympics.

 In relation to business dealings with Burma :
 "In a video-recorded statement smuggled out of
 Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi describes the country as
 a huge prison and calls on the European Union,
 the United States and the rest of the world to
 help the cause of democracy by imposing economic
 sanctions." (BBC news)

 Is there a similar position, do you think, to be
 taken on the international community's
 engagement with sporting activities, (or art, or
 music, or dance, or ......... events) that are
 coming out of Burma, based on the premise that
 such activities are SLORC/SPDC
 endorsed/approved.

 Or is there a need for decision making about
 boycotts on a case by case basis in case there
 are legitimate Burmese people involved in
 trading/etc out of Burma? Could anyone (besides
 SLORC/SPDC people on Burmanet) give a public
 100% guarantee on Burmanet that myanmarmade.com
 has no relationship with SLORC/SPDC? Perhaps the
 people who have addressed me privately on this
 matter complaining how unfair I have been to
 myanmarmade.com can give me that assurance
 publicly on Burmanet.