[Fwd: [freeburma] Re: attn: Media

Subject: [Fwd: [freeburma] Re: attn:  Media Release, Canberra 2 October 1999]

--------------709568E27D3043D30DD97AB4

12 members of Burmese students have started their protest in front of
Myanmar Embassyin Canberra at 11:30 a.m today and will go on for
indefinitely.
" We will be here,(the embassy) indefinitely until our demand are met
and we are ready to face whatever consequences" said Maung Maung Than,a
group member.

Also Burmese students from India are confirmed to stage a protest
infront of Myanmar Embassy in New Delhi at 11:30 local time. But their
demands in details will be pronounce
shortly.

--------------709568E27D3043D30DD97AB4