INTERVIEW With Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (r)

Subject: Re: Interview with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi: Latest

Dawn Star wrote:

> Daw Aung San Suu Kyi on the use of guns and the "Warriors" Embassy
> incident:
>
> "...This is why we are against acts of violence. This is why we have
> decided
> that we want to choose the non-violent way. Because we want to show that
> the human spirit can prevail over the might of arms and that we can
> bring
> about the change that we want through the strength of our convictions
> and
> through our perseverance. And we are convinced that we will able to do
> it...."
>
> Remember, these people, the Warriors did not use their guns violently,
> except to shoot into the air! It was a very controlled and non-violent
> demonstration of arms used in "the non-violent way". They did "prevail
> over the might of arms", they did not attack, they were not attacked."
>
> Something to think about. You all know that as soon as this incident broke out, i immediately made my position clear, it was all too clear what was happening, as soon as there was no ambassador in the embassy.
that should have been obvious to everyone. the mission was over from the
beginning, and they had to leave fast. and the thai's wanted it over
too. that is why it did not go any further. its obvious. they were in
the wrong place and the wrong time, and the thais knew it too.

they are and they were freedom fighters, and the thais let them go.
thats why the rangoon government is furious, apart from losing face.
in the end, the mission was a success, as it ended, and we can all thank
the thai government for that.

they are too smart to have the problem go any further, these people in
jail, and then what, too much problem, better to lose them in the forest
and protect innocent lives.

and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi did not denounce these freedom fighters.