AP-Activists Denounce Myanmar Abuse (r)

Subject: Re: AP-Activists Denounce Myanmar Abuses

--- TIN KYI <tinkyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Friday September 24 11:19 PM ET
>

> ``The type of democracy we envision will guarantee
> the protection and
> promotion of human rights, particularly the rights
> to basic human needs such
> as clothing, food and shelter,'' the minister said.

For eleven years, Burmese military regime so-called
State Peace and Deployment Council  (SPDC) has been
saying that the regime is trying to provide "FOOD and
SHELTER" for 45 million Burmese citizens in Burma.  In
addition, the regime again said that the Burmese are
not ready for democracy because they do not have
enough foods to eat and enough spaces to live yet.
However, what the democratic forces see is it is an
excuse in order of prolonging their military power.
HOW?

It is not an issue of "FOOD VS. PEOPLE", but it is an
issue of "PEOPLE VS. SECURITY."

Sociologist Abraham H. Maslow discovered five steps of
well being, mentally and physically. The steps are 1)
food and shelter; 2) safety and security; 3)
acceptance; 4) respect; and 5) self-esteem or highest
potential. If we are struggling with our basic needs
such as foods and shelters, it is difficult to rise
the other four steps. After we pass the first step, we
seeking for our safety, rule of law, equal justice,
and protection. After we gain the protection, we will
become capable and skillful people who then are able
to help others in order of building a peaceful, joy,
and stable community, a country, or a world.

In fact, Burmese have already been passed the first
step, and they are struggling for the second step. But
intentionally and maliciously, the Burmese regime is
bringing down the Burmese people from the second step.
As I mention above, it is a good time for the regime
to the people when they are struggling for their basic
needs, especially for foods.

In short, as everyone knows, Burma once became one of
the richest countries in Southeast Asia before Ne Win
was in power. As soon as New Win came to the power, he
put the people of Burma in hardship whereas he could
rule the country without any strong opposition. Again,
the present SPDC regime closed all higher learning
institutes, forced educated people to exile, built
strong military force, jailed all oppositions, and
killed minorities that is the way the regime is making
the people to obey them. It is not the thing Dr. Kyaw
Win and his regime said to educate the Burmese people
about democracy; it is not the thing Dr. Kyaw Win and
his junta said to provide "food and shelter."  But
what the regime trying to do is to put the Burmese
people in poverty, less capable and less skillful
majority.

The Rangoon Post