Australia's Burma policy forvours j

Subject: Re: Australia's Burma policy forvours junta, says Suu Kyi

As it is clear Daw Aung San Suu Kyi is not just swinging away at all the
whole lot of weary junta supporters, this latest diplomatic incident
lends itself to wonder that it may be the right time for her to
let the French know what she really thinks about the pipeline. She
points her finger at the French for too many tourism and for too many
French pleasure seekers and business partners. And she has in the past
challenged them on the pipleine, yes; this is a fact.

But now the FRench ambassador Bernard Pottier, Yadana enthusiast, has
been replace. And my information here, intimate to some of the members
in the new Ambassador's Quai D'Orsay team, is that they are more
monstrous that even the former team in their appetite to support the
junta as well as their utter disregard, and indifference to the
democratic movement there.

And now all of a sudden, so the french press like to make it seem (the
french press really expects the readers to put it all together, because
they do not do it for them, or perhaps they dont expect or care for that
at all anyway) as I say, so now the french press is getting excited
about the wonderful world of stock options and the Right's push ten
years ago, vis a vis Balladur, of l'"actionariat des salariés".

Let me tell you now if you dont know it. There is virtually no
difference between the left and the right political leadership.
Cohabitation has taken care of that. The middle road is paved with
american dollars, and now the Finance minister is pushing tenderly
towards the stock options laws that he hadnt been able to pass before.
DSK, the finance minister, along with Jospin, the Prime minister, and
Chirac, all favored Total's takeover of Elf.

And remember, last April, when the juge Eva Joly who had sent the former
Foreign minister Roland Dumas packing from his spot, he still has it,
int the Conseil Constitutionel, the highest law body in France, since
she has been called off the Elf inquest. That was last April, same time
when Total's Desmarest started talking to Elf's Jaffré, then already on
the way out, as the left saw too many secrets told by this right wing
parachutist put in by Balladur, the former right wing center prime
minister and former finance minister here. Get it, he wants to be
president by Chirac wont let him. No way.

the long and short of it is here, there is no more right or left. Its
taken some twenty years for the french to catch up, but right now they
are moving faster than ever and the Total deal, and the Elf's patron
stealing the show with $50 million stock options and ticket to ride,
make it more clear than ever. The right and left have united under this
new phase of french capitalism, and its bad business for freedom in
Burma.

Get it now?

ds