Just like I suspected (r)

It is good that they at least appear as fools. But what more can we do to
promote this FOOLISH image ???

In a message dated 9/21/99 6:56:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dawnstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Subj:     Just like I suspected
 Date:  9/21/99 6:56:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  dawnstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dawn Star)
 Sender:    owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx
 To:    burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx, burmanet2-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

 Nouvel Observateur, the same paper that reported last March
 the heinous financing by TOTAL of the Yadana pipeline, now is the first
 paper in France to tell the truth about the Total-Elf sellout while
 all the rest of the French press has been playing up to this
 patron royale like sycophants to a minister. Obs #1819 Sept 16
 says Jaffre was more or less forced out, while gleefully accepting
 a parachute of 1OO million francs (about 18 million $) and gets to keep
 his 200 million francs worth of stock options since the deal went down
 officially as a friendly takeover. Hah! Jerome Monod and Yadana founder
 Serge Tchuruk brokered the deal with Jaffré for TOTAL. Thats near a
 total of 300 million francs, or about what the number two at Amoco got
 in the BP buyout earlier this year.

 Once again, you see how the french do it a little too late. wouldn't you
 call this cowardly, or just crooked and cheap. In the end, Jaffré and
 Desmarest get off like bandits, looking good, richer than ever, and the
 french are once again made to look like fools.

 This time I get to say I told you so...Sometimes its hard to resist. ds