Protesting in Washington, DC

Press Release 9/8/99

A protest against SPDC's embassy in Washington, DC will be staged on
Sept.8, 1999 at 5.00 PM. The protest is set to call release of human
rights advocate David Mawdsley  and Rachel Goldwyn  who have been
detained in Burma by the Burmese military regime, and the protesters
will also call the people of Burma to show support for  9999 action of
civic disobedience on Sept. 9, 99.

"I highly fear that the arrested activists are being tottered by the
junta, and so that I call international community, including the U.S.
government to take initiate action to press the regime to release the
British democracy activists," Ko Nyi Nyi Lwin from Arakan Student Union
 said.

"It is time for the regime to be realized that it is the generals'
final hours to departure from the power peacefully;  if generals,
believing using force to prolong their power, choose wrong side to use
force to crash down the 47 million people, , it must be too terrible
for them," U Tin Amung Thaw of CRDP quoted.

The protest is sponsored by  DBSO_USA, CRDB, Chin National Front,
NCGUB, FBC, DC-BAND, and Arakan Student Union. Contact at
(301)984-0817, and (703) 834-5670.