GN-32 Stment (9999)

STATEMENT OF THE GREEN NOVEMBER 32
ON THE DAY 9999 MOVEMENTS

Our GN 32, human rights and environmental conservation organisation, believes
that 9999 will be the day of justice, peace, and gaining the genuine democracy
for the people of Burma and the entire nation. We also believe that 9999 will
reach the conclusion of 8888 democracy uprising.

The civil war broke out since 1947 and it lasts long about (52) years of time.
The military regime, who started the civil war, is still on the throne and
leaves Burma behind as a least developing country and an isolated one.

Although the students, monks, and the vast majority of people from Burma asked
for democracy as of right, the regime shamelessly refused and they brutally
oppressed the innocent people of Burma. They added it up unlawful punishments
and used the guns and power as a function of solving.

As a result of this, Burma becomes a disfigured country and the people face
the
destruction of environmental conditions and their welfare.

Under these circumstances, the number of people who fled from Burma is raised
up to 200,000, displaced people, over 1.5 million, and the political
prisoners,
about 4,000 inside Burma. The status and lives of learned people and the new
generation in Burma are totally degraded and destroyed by the regime. The more
they try to sell the Burma's natural resources for their wealth, the more
destruction in environmental issue will be occurred. Their plan to sell the
gas
from the YADANAR Gas Field to Thailand, France, and the US is risen into view
as a concrete evidence. On the other hand, they hindered the welfare of the
people from Burma.

About 300,000 Shans were forced to relocate as of the regime's pilot
project on
the Salween Dam construction, a joint venture among Thai, Japanese companies
and the regime. The project will leave Burma and her people with bad
consequences behind.

In the time our people face the harder conditions, we have learnt that the
SPDC, intending to gear up the production of arms, cooperates with Germany,
China, and Singapore to develop the Myanmar Fritz Werner Industries
Limited. It
is very clear that they are trying only for their wealth and power for the
future.

The GN 32, hoping for a triumphant uprising on 9999, hearty recommends the day
9999 that will be the last day of the military dictatorship and we state that
the GN 32, cooperates with other organisations, will be as a part in human
rights struggles and environmental issues for the future Green Burma.

Board of Directors
Green November 32 2 nd September 1999