Minister meets Ambassador of United (r)

Subject: Re: Re: Minister meets Ambassador of United Kingdom

Dear Dawn Star,

I haven't heard of the Fritz Warner Company, but perhaps you have some
details for us?

As for its Director, Mr. Christ (unusual name!), could it be the same Hans
Christ cited by the Lawyer's Committee for Human Rights in their report
"Justice in El Salvador: A Case Study" (July 1982, New York)?

According to the report, Christ, son of a German Nazi who escaped to
Salvador after World War Two, lived in Miami and was a part owner of the
Salvador Sheraton Hotel.  He was implicated in the killing of four American
nuns in Salvador in 1980, and was later charged with the triple murder of
two American advisors on agrarian reform, Michael Hammer and Mark Perlman,
and the Salvadoran director of the Institute of Agrarian Reform, Jose
Adolfo Viera.  The three men were shot point blank while they were drinking
coffee in a dining room of the Sheraton, by unidentified gunmen who then
strolled out through the lobby unapprehended.

According to Joan Didion in her book "Salvador" (1984), the charges against
Christ "were later dropped, then followed by a series of other charges,
arrests, releases, expressions of "dismay" and "incredulity" from the
American embassy, and even, in the fall of 1982, confessions to the
killings from two former National Guard corporals, who testified that Hans
Christ had led them through the lobby and pointed out the victims."

Could this be the person that the military rulers of the country of Myanmar
have chosen to do business with?

(Too bad Alexander Downer missed the meeting.  He might have offered Christ
a seat on the Myanmar Human Rights Commission.)

At 09:37 PM 8/26/99 +0200, Dawn Star wrote:

Fritz Werner, as in the arms traffickers?

>OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Minister meets Ambassador of United Kingdom
>> YANGON, 24 Aug-Minister for Energy Brig-Gen Lun Thi met Ambassador of
United
>> Kingdom Dr John lenkins who called at his office at 9 am today. Similarly,
>> Minister for Energy Brig-Gen Lun Thi met Director of Fritz Werner
Company Mr