News and Views from Myanmar Vol .1 (r)

Subject: Re: News and Views from Myanmar Vol .1  No.30

--------------3C91BAA0CF04E41587339DE4

Dear Friends, Okkar,

I´m shocked with how much normality the SPDC write how they abuse both
the Fire Brigade and the People of Burma.

OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:

> News and Views from Myanmar
>
> Vol .1
>            No.30
> [...]
>
> Fire Brigade as reserve force for National Peace and Stability
> [...]
>
>     Nowadays, the scope of duties of Fire Services Department personnel is
> becoming broader and more extensive as they now engage not only in fighting
> fires and giving assistance to fire-victims but also take part in
> safeguarding the people from the danger of destructive elements in
> maintaining national peace and stability. Thus the fire brigade law  was
> enacted in accord with the developing and changing national  situation  and
> the  Central  Fire  Services  Training  School  was  opened  in
Pyin-Oo-Lwin.

The Fire Brigade should concentrate only AND JUST ONLY on preventing
fire. The task of the Government is to support them with all technical
and financial assistance. If the Fire Brigade has to become a new USDA -
who should to their job?

>     The Fire Services Department  now has a strength of 3,403 Fire Brigade
> members and 131,765 Auxiliary Fire Brigade members. There are now 217 Fire
> stations and 328 auxiliary fire stations in the entire nation. But Myanmar
> still needs to enhance the number of auxiliary fire brigade members and
> stations. Myanmar people has a tradition of donating fire engines and fire
> fighting equipment to Fire Services Department.

No, no and no. I cannot believe that. How the hell can people who need
to starve, because they have no money and even no oppurtunity to buy
food, how can they donate "fire engines and fire fighting equipment to
Fire Services Department"? This tradition is a lie. True is, that they
like to donate blood, but not Fire Equipment. Even here in Germany the
"German people" have scarcely the ability to donate this equipment,
because it is horribly expensive. Many fires in private houses could be
harmless, if all Germans would have at least house fire fighting
equipment in their houses. But they cannot afford.
Meanwhile I´m sure Khin Nyunt and co. has an own private fire department
on his house compound and also the financial ability to double the 217
Fire stations from his private property.
Why do you wanna let the people bleed for what you don´t see as your
task.

> [...]

I see only one message: The government is a self governing group, while
the people have to look for their self how to secure their life. A
government should be a loving and guiding (not authorian ruling) father
to their people.

Regards
Heiko

--
+================== Burma Group Tuebingen ==================+
| Heiko Schaefer                  | heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     |

begin:vcard
n:Schäfer;Heiko
tel;work:++49 (70 71) 55 25 54
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.burmagroup.de/
org:Burma Group Tübingen
adr:;;Beim Herbstenhof 42;Tübingen;;72076;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Chairman
x-mozilla-cpt:;19680