16/8/99:BURMA DRUG REPORT BY PROF.D (r)

Subject: Re: 16/8/99:BURMA DRUG REPORT BY PROF.DESMOND BALL

--- OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << p 77, middle paragraph:
> "Khin Nyunt is also involved in the opium business.
> Some of the
> agreements with the ethnic groups reportedly allow
> them to produce opium
> in the areas under their control. The Thai Narcotics
> Control Board has
> reported that Khin Nyunt has made arrangements with
> certain opium
> warlords to smuggle heroin into Thailand 'without
> interception'; and he
> has provided protection to others, such as Khun Sa,
> who are wanted on
> heroin trafficking charges abroad."
>
> He can give even on this paragraph sources of
> information, printed at
> the end of the chapter.
>
> But realy, how can they personally maintain such a
> good life? In the
> Book "The Lady" by Barbara Victor, a general said
> himself, he earns only
> 50 Dollars per month. And I believe him. This is his
> real sellary from
> the nation cash box, but the drugs are much more
> lucrative. Even with
> their iron grip on the burmese economy, I cannot
> believe to maintain
> this kind of life without drug money.
>
> Regards
> Heiko >>
>
> The fact is  this professor seems to know nothing
> about Myanmar  and he wrote
> only his opinion that is far away from the truth.
>
> ok

The fact is this professor's research are all truth. The fact is the
professor's discovery of the naco-dictator-regime-SPDC and its leaders
deepest involvement in the drug business has been proved that he knows
whole a lot about Burma and the generals' drugs businesses.

Only the regime seems to feel that they can fool around the world with
their little propaganda tolls, such as OKKAR's e-mail account. The fact
is the regime cannot.

The Rangoon Post