Bkk Post - Burmese opportunists in

Subject: Bkk Post - Burmese opportunists in first Thai trade fair

Bangkok Post - Aug 13, 1999.
Burmese opportunists in first Thai trade fair

A dozen Burmese firms are taking part in the first Myanmar Trade Fair to be
held in Thailand.

The fair at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, which ends
tomorrow, includes silverware, jewellery and rattan and wood products.

Kyaw Thein ( the opportunist), executive committee member of Burma's Central
Co-operative Society, said the fair would give businessmen useful
experience.

"We want to do business with Thailand and this is the first time we have
co-organised a trade fair here."