Bkk Post-European Union pushes dipl (r)

Subject: Re: Bkk Post-European Union pushes diplomacy

This is MISLEADING: "> The EU has imposed economic sanctions and visa
bans on Burmese officials in
> protest against the political deadlock and widespread human rights abuse in
> Burma"

Rather, the EU has FAILED to impose economic sactions: what they have
imposed is a arms trade embargo, visa restrictions on only the top brass
and top tourist officials - while not banning tourism, rather the
promotion of it by the top brass tourist officials - and non
humanitarian aide. And this since 1996, except the tougher tourism
sanctions. If I am getting this wrong or missing something, please
correct, thank you, ds