Australian Democrats support CRPP

------=_NextPart_000_0191_01BEA7CB.AF5167A0

The Hon. Dr Arthur Chesterfield - Evans MLC
Legislative Council
Parliament House
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph:(02)92302303
Fax:(02)92302866
ace.mlc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
=20
Att: Maung Maung Than of the All Burma Students Democratic Organisation
Fax No: 95141157
=20
As New South Wales Parliamentary Leader of the australian Democrats, I =
want to express my support for the Burma Students Democractic =
organisation, demonstrating against the authoritarian military regime of =
the SPDC. The brutal regime of the SPDC has reneged on their promise to =
recognise the legitimacy of the democractically elected parliament in =
open elections held in 1990.
=20
The Committee Representing Peoples Parliament is the highest legitimate =
authority in Burma, and has the lawful right to convene the parliament.
=20
Any institution, which reconises the legitimacy of the SPDC regime, will =
be condemned by history as those who place trade and economics over the =
supreme virtue of basic human rights and civil liberties.
=20
I call on all companies not to deal witht he SPDC, as economic =
developement, guided by the SPDC, will not be conducive towards the =
development of Burma or the Burmese people.
=20
ASEAN's policy of "constructive engagement" is a fallacy. As seen in =
recent political developements in Malaysia and Indonesia, "constructive =
engagement" merely props up the venal and corrupt.
=20
I support the All Burma Student s Democratic Organisation in their fight =
against tyranny, for the developement of democracy in Burma.
=20
Yours Sincerely,
=20
=20
=20
=20
Signed
Dr Arthur Chesterfield-Evans, MP
NSW Parliamentary leader, Australian Democrats

------=_NextPart_000_0191_01BEA7CB.AF5167A0

The Hon. Dr Arthur Chesterfield - = Evans=20 MLC
Legislative Council
Parliament House
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph:(02)92302303
Fax:(02)92302866
<3d.htm>ace.mlc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx= au

Att: Maung Maung Than of the All = Burma Students=20 Democratic Organisation
Fax No: 95141157

As New South Wales Parliamentary = Leader of the=20 australian Democrats, I
want to express my support for the Burma = Students=20 Democractic
organisation, demonstrating against the authoritarian = military=20 regime of
the SPDC. The brutal regime of the SPDC has reneged on their = promise=20 to
recognise the legitimacy of the democractically elected parliament in =
open=20
elections held in 1990.

The Committee Representing Peoples = Parliament is=20 the highest legitimate
authority in Burma, and has the lawful right to = convene=20 the parliament.

Any institution, which reconises the = legitimacy=20 of the SPDC regime, will
be condemned by history as those who place = trade and=20 economics over the
supreme virtue of basic human rights and civil=20 liberties.

I call on all companies not to deal = witht he=20 SPDC, as economic
developement, guided by the SPDC, will not be = conducive=20 towards the
development of Burma or the Burmese people.

ASEAN's policy of "constructive = engagement" is a fallacy. As seen in recent
political developements = in=20 Malaysia and Indonesia, "constructive
engagement" merely props = up the=20 venal and corrupt.

I support the All Burma Student s = Democratic=20 Organisation in their fight
against tyranny, for the developement of = democracy=20 in Burma.

Yours Sincerely,