NSW rally for CRPP

We, Burmese Students residing in Australia and Australian supporters will
rally outside the New South Wales( NSW)  State Parliament today on Tuesday
May 11th 1999 at Noon 12:00 . We demand immediate action from the Australian
States (particularly NSW) and Federal Parliament in support of Committee
Representing People's Parliament CRPP which was formed to accomplish the
convention of people's Parliament according to 1990 elections result.

We are gathering tomorrow to express our disapproval of Australian
government policy, 'the benchmark ' as being irrelevant in these days since
democracy leader Daw Aung Suu Kyi call on international community to take up
concrete action to deal with severe violation of Human rights in Burma. She
also remarked ' Australia is sitting on the fence " in January 1997 and that
statement still stand today. Government position of 'Neither encourage nor
discourage the trade with Burma ' is contradictory as the trade is actually
increasing with the help of Austrade office in Rangoon. For example, ACT
government owned Totalcare Industries recently completed contract for the
regime. Brisbane Pacrim Energy oil Company continue its 8 millions project
and many more companies are on their way to prop up the regime with their
investment

The day coincided with the first sitting of the NSW parliament since
the last elections in March.

we urge that the federal  and state parliaments to
- support CRPP as the legitimate highest authority of the people of Burma
and its lawful right to convene the           people's parliament as per
1990 elections result;
- to urge the SPDC regime to enter dialogue with CRPP
- to seek ways to free Members of Parliament-elect, political prisoners
including student leader Min Ko Naing
- to implement appropriate measure to re-open all universities and colleges
(closed since 1996) , and re-establishment of student union
We also urge the Australian Government to impose economic sanctions against
the Burmese military dictatorship and urge the State parliaments
particularly New South Wales to adopt selective purchasing laws that ban any
contract with the companies doing business with the ruthless regime in
Burma.

The activities include petition campaign, support messages from members of
parliament, slogans , posters etc.

Further info. please contact
9999 center
 612 9643 5015 ,  mobile 0411337816