No Subject Given

	TO Burmanet readers:

	The Burma Studies Group of the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) has been
asked to
	contribute to a Southeast Asia Council panel for next year's Asian
Association meetings. The panel will be on Southeast
	Asian communities in North America and the effect of 'Home Politics' upon
	the lives of thee 'Asian-American' communities. As Chair of the Burma
	Group, I have agreed to put together a list of who are where in
	the US (from Burma) and how to contact them: families, organisations,
	Monasteries-Temples and so on -- Burman, Mon, Shan, Chin, Kachin, Rakhine,
	Karen and so on. This has nothing to do with politics at all; it is part of
a growing academic
	interest in the study of Asian diasporas and their social and cultural life
	and their ways of constructing their cultural identities. If you can help,
	please contact me as soon as  possible before the deadline for panel
organisers.

	Prof.  F. K. Lehman
	Department of Anthropology
	109 Davenport Hall