The Culture Czars?

Tashi delek,

A collision of cultures? We dont think so.

Believe Mihra. We do what we can to introduce those nice
"volks" on the top of the (deleted) heap to the truth about life.
Even from thousands of miles away..

AND Someone is gonna ask me sooner or later if I have ever
been to Burma. But I will have to reply that I never went to Belson
nor other such concentration camps either.  Yet i Believe what
the (compromised by their own biz community) Allies said  about
their existance.

Liberation activism is  a "drag" sometimes . Once I was ordered,
as an "official" (who wished to keep his position) of the Anti
Apartheid Movement Not to travel to S Africa during the struggle
against the minority government.. Argh!! it's a strange old long
range activista world for some. Isn't it?  Real Life from great
distance?

So My BIG prob is to discover asap who, on this list, I need to
talk to, to obtain an ongoing democratic opinion about life
(in general ;-) and action. Burma Out! (in general. ;-)

"So what", as the great Miles Davis might have said if he had
survived AIDS and a lack of the intricacy needed to advance his
scalecular material beyond that which he had learned through
his creative / artistic liasions with the (Role model junkie) "Gods".
(my own preferable music, along with ragas and their like.)
Charlie Parker,  Stitt, Cannonball Adderly and Coltrane.

I say this now for two reasons. One is that I once read in some
material handed down from N India through the centuries that
in No Way could a musician equate themselves with the "higher conciousness"
obtained by a Buddhist monk. And because
I have always been inspired by the music of black jazz muscians
such as tenorist, John Coltrane. Who to many, could be as close
as one can get to a perfect musical "mix" between race
declaration, international culture, and activism through the
history and protest of ones awesomely Universal talents.

But as I know nothing at all about Burmese music. And as
some Hindu scriptures suggest that "music WILL BE the path
to enlightenment" Could someone enlighten me and others
in this organisation as to its history, technical content, primary
artists (their political thinking?) and contacts? Etc.

In our "own defence" ..This week we have organised a number
of people from different nations who volunteered to assist steer
the Burma Out! war-on-drugs-ship in writing to the UK Drug Czar
Keith Hellawell at the UK Cabinet Office and Senator :
senator_coverdell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx of the Senate Narco /
Terrorism Committee. Demanding all seriousness in consultations
in regard to a genuine People's War.

And it seems that when one isolates a nation one also
discovers that my neighbor "Roy", someone whom i have
known for years. Spent two years in Burma and would like to
asisst  confront the SLORKIE BOYZ. And when this week,
Noel Redding (Hendrix's bassist) also sought an exclusion of
Burma, that sorta "turns one on."

But standing here pounding upon this hot keyboard, vacant of
mind. I really don't know what to do with myself. Here it's late at
night.

What a  quandry (for any genius) at this  time of night..  ;-)
Time to play some jazz..

FYI : Soon HH will travel to the US and the UK. With the
assistance of those buddhists that helped to inspire
Burma Out!.  We (and the cameras) hope to "catch up
with him" there,  or thereabouts. ;-)

Have a nice day..

Burmese music? Some of us wanna pick up a few new
scales / rhythms.

thanks

Rr

Support a REAL war on drugs

Music Industry Human Rights Association

http://www.mihra.org / policy.office@xxxxxxxxx
US Satellite http://www.212.net
click on roger / then click on news desk

Mihra was founded during UN50 to advance and protect
creators rights in a cultural market monopolised by the
recording  / publishing Grand Cartel. Mihra's roots are in
music and anti-racism and it has called for a sports boycott
of Burma for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

UK webhosting donated by http://www.cerbernet.co.uk
US webhosting donated by http://www.212.net