Condolrnce Statement (B S A)

<bold>BURMESE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION(BURMESE STUDENTS CENTRE)

</bold>Condolrnce Statement

Date:29 March,1999.

	Dr.Michale Aris, a British subject and the husband of Burmese National
Leader Aung San Suu Kyi, passed away in Britain onMarch 27,1999.We Burmes
Students Association(BSA)condole with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's family as
well as the British subjects on the death of Dr.Michale Aris.

	We strongly condemn the ruling military junta, State peace and
Development Council(SPDC),for its inhumane refusal to Dr.Aris's last will
to get a visa into Burma form the junta to his wife before his death. At
the time of his visa request to the junta, Dr.Aris,who sacrificed his
personal rights for the democracy of Burma and was an honourable subject
of Britain,wasin a terminating state seriously suffering from
increasingly spreading cancer.

	The sorrowful event of Dr.Aris show to the would community how
unabatedly the SPDCjunta has committed human-rights abues in Burma.
Moreover, on Burma people's behalf, we would like to express great sorrow
for our failure unable to put enough pressure on the junta to accept the
dying man's last will.

	Consequently we announce a 5-day mourning from March 29,,1999 until
April 3,1999 and open a record book of mournin over the death of Dr.Aris
in that period at the meeting hall of the Burmese Students'Crntre.

	May Dr.Michale Aris rest in peace after life.

Central Committee

Burmese students Association