CONDOLENCES ON THE DEMISE OF DR.MIC

Subject: CONDOLENCES ON THE DEMISE OF DR.MICHAEL ARIS

              CONDOLENCES ON THE DEMISE OF DR. MICHAEL ARIS

The Muslim Liberation Organization of Burma (MLOB) is extremely grieved to
hear of the demise of Dr. Michael Aris, the beloved husband of Burmese
democracy leader, Nobel laureate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, the beloved leader
of the Burmese

people who have been continuously brutalized and persecuted by the ruling
military dictatorship since 1962.

Dr. Aris was very much sympathetic to the sufferings of the Burmese people
and had given his full supports and understanding to his beloved wife's
struggle for democracy and human rights in Burma. Dr. Aris had to spend the
last few years of his life in forced isolation from his wife as the
SLORC/SPDC ruling
junta inhumanely rejected his consecutive requests ,even just a few days
before his death, for a visa to see his beloved wife.

We share the feeling and suffering of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and her family
at this saddest moments and we pray to Almighty God that Dr. Michael Aris
be able to rest in peace.

Central Executive Committee,
Muslim Liberation Organization of Burma ,
March, 29, 1999.