meal offering ceremony

Dear Friends,

We, democracy activists from Burma Image group in San Francisco will be
offering a meal to the Buddhist monks at a monastery in San Jose on
April 3rd, 1999 for the late
Dr. Michael Aris, husband of Burma's pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San
Suu Kyi.

Dr. Michael Aris was a British citizen and a devout Buddhist.  He
married Daw Aung San Suu Kyi in 1972 and they have two sons, Alexander
Myint San Aung Aris and Kim Htein Lin Aris.  He died of cancer on his
53rd birthday, Saturday at a hospital in Oxford.

On behalf of the bereaved family and relatives of Dr. Michael Aris, we
mournfully invite all our Burmese community here to come and join us in
contributing Dana.

May his soul rest in peace.