CONDOLENCES ON THE PASSING OF DR. M

Subject: CONDOLENCES ON THE PASSING OF DR. MICHAEL ARIS

size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;
CONDOLENCES ON THE PASSING OF DR. MICHAEL ARIS<br>
The All Burma Students' Democratic Front (ABSDF) is extremely<br>
saddened to hear the passing of Dr. Michael Aris, beloved husband<br>
of Burmese pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, on March<br>
27, 1999.<br>
Dr. Aris fully understood the situation of Burma and was<br>
sympathetic to the suffering of the Burmese people. From the time<br>
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi assumed political responsibilities in Burma,<br>
Dr. Aris took the helm for the family as a true and dutiful<br>
father and husband. We understand that although he was the<br>
husband of a national leader, he never interfered in Burmese<br>
politics.<br>
In addition to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's own conviction, sacrifice<br>
and courage, her important task of bringing democracy to Burma<br>
has been greatly assisted by the support, understanding and<br>
sacrifice of her immediate family members, including her husband<br>
Dr. Michael Aris. <br>
We recognize all the qualities of a true Buddhist in Dr. Aris;<br>
love, tolerance, sacrifice, understanding and wisdom.&nbsp; Our<br>
thoughts are with the bereaved family. <br>
May Dr. Michael Aris enjoy heavenly peace.&nbsp; <br>
Central Committee<br>
All Burma Students' Democratic Front<br>
March 28, 1999<br>
<BR>