condolence statement on the demise

Subject: condolence statement on the demise of Dr. Michael aris

Condolence statement by NLD (LA) Australia on the demise of Dr. Michael Aris

We, the members of the National League for Democracy (Liberated Area)

Australia would like to express our deep regret and sorrowfulness on the

demise of Dr. Michael Aris, the beloved husband of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,

our charismatic leader of Burma. We are very thankful to Dr. Michael Aris

as he was very helpful and had given his full support to his wife's

struggle against the military regime in Burma and determined efforts to

restore democracy and human rights in Burma. We share the feelings and

suffering of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and her family at this saddest moments

and we can say that we are with them in our hearts. We are sure that Dr.

Michael Aris' name will always stand in the modern history of Burma as a

perfect symbol of a dedicated and good-natured man, buddhist and a perfect

companion of a freedom fighter.  We pray that Dr. Michael Aris be able to

rest in peace.

Executive committee
National League for Democracy (Liberated Area) Australia