Statement on Phone Maw's Day by SYC

Subject: Statement on Phone Maw's Day by SYCB-I

Statement of The Students and Youth Congress of Burma on the 11th
anniversary of Phon Maw's Day

The Students and Youth Congress of Burma issue this statement on this
occasion of the 11th anniversary of Phon Maw's Day

1. Today is the 11th anniversary day of our fallen martyr Ko Phone Maw. He
was slain by the paramilitary force, the running dog of the military regime
on that day for fighting against the notorious military regime.

2. We shall observe this day solemnly which spark the 8888 popular uprising
and we shall maintain the fine tradition of the students and youth until we
achieve the total victory of democratic society.

3. We shall prevent from reemerging of any totalitarian system in our
future democratic Burma.

4. We strongly demand the military regime to release all detained students
and all political prisoners immediately and unconditionally.

5. We strongly demand the military regime not to obstruct and harass the
performance of its duty by duly elected and lawful body of Committee
Representing Members of People's Parliament (CRPP)

The Students and Youth Congress of Burma- India
Dated- 13 March, 99