Day for prayer (Eng)

Student and Youth Congress Of Burma (SYCB)

Day Of Prayer
For the people of Burma on 14th March 1999
Prayer Schedule to be held in Burma by Multi-religious faiths on 14-3-1999

We, the Student and Youth Congress of Burma (SYCB) in collaboration with All
Arakanese Students and Youth Congress (AASYC), All Burma Students=92
Democratic
Front (ABSDF), All Burma Students League (ABSL), Kuki Students Democratic
Front
(KSDF), Democratic Party for New Society (DPNS), Karen Youth Organization
(KYO), National League for Democracy  Liberated Area (Youth) NLD-LA (Youth),
Overseas Mon National Students=92 Organization (OMNSO) and the Pa-O Youth
Democratic Organization (PYDO) are working together in unity  to restore
democracy and human rights in Burma. Unity is essential to oppose the military
despotic system in Burma. The military dictatorship has  oppressed and
inflicted terrible suffering on the people of Burma day in and day out for
half a century. Our fellow citizens in Burma live in utter misery and poverty.
This we have witnessed with our own eyes. We  call on everyone, people of all
religious faiths and spiritual beliefs,  to join with us on 14th March 1999 in
peace, meditation and prayer to  relieve the suffering of the people of
Burma.

May we all join together to pray
1. for  the well-being of Burma=92s leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and monks,
students, and citizens who are fighting for democracy.
2. For the release of all political prisoners and an end to their severe
maltreatment by the military
3. for the safety and security of  the homeless displaced persons and refugees
of Burma
4.  for Burmese people to have courage to shake the shackle of oppression