Kopie von: Thank you for the good j

Subject: Kopie von: Thank you for the good job

---------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht ----------

Von:    Nwe Aung, 101564,2652
An:     Mr. Ugo Papi, INTERNET:u.papi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum:  2/13/99 1:06 AM

Betreff:Kopie von: Thank you for the good job

Democratici di Sinistra Italia
Mr. Ugo Papi / Mr. Walter Veltroni

Dear Mr. Ugo Papi,

We acknowledge the good job done by the Democratici di Sinistra Italia,
especially Mr. Veltroni and yourself, and we appreciate your contribution
to our democratic cause very much. We thank you from our heart.
We are still confronting with this problem of Interpol drug conference in
Rangoon. Up to this date, several significant countries like B, DK, GB, I,
IRL, L, N, NL, S, USA, have refused to participate in the conference in
Rangoon because of the improper venue. We are also not against the
Interpol drug conference and we do support such conference, but we are
very much disturbed by the choosing of the venue Rangoon/Burma, where
the notorious drug barons like Khun Sa, Lo Hsing Han, Wei Hsueh-kang,
Steven Lo,... are enjoying v.i.p shelter and protection provided by the
drug trafficking Burmese military rulers. Money laundry is in Burma on the
daily agenda. The drug barons are having the privilege of running the
country's top businesses in cooperation with the military rulers.

We are also at the same time confronting with another venue problem,
namely, the ASEM and EU-ASEAN Ministrial Conferences will be held in
this year in Berlin on March 29 & 30, and the Burmese military rulers would

probably be given a platform to polish their "Legitimacy" in bloc-to-bloc
EU-ASEAN meeting. We are of the firm opinion that especially Europe is
not a proper venue to allow the Burmese military dictators to sit down with

the gentle EU-Ministers in order to bargain shady businesses on basic
human rights, humanitarian aid, etc. Basic human rights and human dignity
are universal and are inviolable in light of 50-year-old Universal
Declaration
of Human Rights.
We would be very gratefu, if you and your esteemed Party could work all
out,
so that the honourable Italian Ministers refuse to sit down with the
drug-dealing
military rulers of Burma in the coming Berlin ASEM/EU-ASEAN conferences.
So far, some progressive EU-members like DK, GB, N, S refused to sit down
with the military thugs.

Sincerely,

Nwe Aung
Burma Bureau