[burmanet2-l] Re: [Brigadier Genera

Subject: [burmanet2-l] Re: [Brigadier General Kyaw Win and Delegation  Successfully Concludes Visit to Japan]

All credit to the Burmese activists in Tokyo for a terrific job well done in
constantly dogging Kyaw Win's footsteps and protesting his presence in Japan
at every turn.  They worked round the clock to make sure that he, Japanese
officials, and the media, knew he was unwelcome and why it was a mistake to
invite him to Japan officially.

We were ready for him with a great demonstration against him in Osaka but he
turned tail and flew back to Rangoon three days early.  The 25 of us,
including a van full of Burmese from the Joint Action Committee, members of
Burmese Relief Center--Japan,  and activists from the Karenni Independence
Solidarity Foundation protested with great esprit at the hotel anyway, for
the benefit of press and metropolitian police, foreign affairs section.
Congratulations to all Burmese dissidents in Japan -- it is rare that we see
such imediate results from our activism!

For the record, we have it on reliable authority that the SPDC brass made
fools of themselves at the Diet, managing to irritate Diet members by
instructing them on Burma's location, between Thailand and India, and other
nonsense, thus wasting busy politicians precious time and insulting their
intelligence as well.  Marvelous!  And when asked about all the bloodshed in
'88, explaining that Burmese are an unruly people and they don't understand
anything but force.  Great job, SPDC brass!  You did a lot of our work for
us in Tokyo. Showing SPDC's true face.

We were sorry not to have met Win Naing, Kyaw Win's tour organizer, in
Kansai.  It is one of our "heartfelt longings" to be able to show him, his
aunt, Mya Mya Win,  and that scribbler, Maung Pan Hmwe, up for what they
are.